H3 problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gatekeeper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
I have had my Hopper 3 for about 3 weeks. Seems that it is cutting off at times and showing a black screen.
The tv I have is a Sony Bravia 65 in 4k.

Changed out the 4k HDMI cable thinking it would resolve the issue. It didnt seem to work.

Checked the switch and signal reception . Both of those checked out ok . I wonder what could be making it go to a black screen? I also rebooted the receiver. I notice it does it when I use the multiview (PIP) or try to view 4k channel.

Thanks, any tips or advice much appreciated.

Does it go to black screen for, say, over a minute? The reason I ask is that many TVs, my Vizio included, will initially go to black screen while it converts itself from HD to 4K. This is normal. It will do the same thing when you go back to an HD signal. My TV goes black for about 10 seconds as it winds up.

Reactions: ncted
I have a Sony XBR70X850B, and it will take several seconds to switch between 1080p and UHD signals from my Hopper3. The screen goes black while this is happening. Same thing for multiview.

Thanks guys for your replies. It goes black (screen ) but doesnt switch. I have to turn off box and reboot it everytime. Thanks for your help..

If you haven't done this yet, unplug the Hopper for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Let it go through its reboot process. Does that help?

If you haven't done this yet, unplug the Hopper for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Let it go through its reboot process. Does that help?

Yes, it helps after I reboot it. Just a pain to have to keep rebooting it. Hope they get a fix for this in next update or version. Thanks Bobby. Happy Thanksgiving.

Reactions: pattykay

Found out where the bug is on my Hopper 3.

Yesterday when I had football on, I decided to use the MULTIVIEW option on the Hopper to show
4 large screens at once.

When I did this the screen went grey/black and froze up.
Had to unplug hopper, and let it come back on again to fix it.

Someone should try this too,to see if they experience the same thing.

Yesterday when I had football on, I decided to use the MULTIVIEW option on the Hopper to show
4 large screens at once.

I just tried that. I had football on two screens, basketball on the another, and soccer on the fourth. It worked without issue.

4 large screens at once.

When you switch to MultiView using a 4K TV the H3 goes into 4K mode. If there are any HDMI handshake problems with the TV then you'll see what you're seeing.

You could try connecting component cables from the Hopper to your TV so it doesn't try to go 4K to see if that's a work around.

4 large screens at once.

Depending on your Sony tv model, not all HMDI ports are necessarily UHD capable. Please confirm the port you are using can handle 4k. Also, do you have the latest firmware loaded on your TV? Finally, are you using a UHD-capable HDMI cable?

Reactions: gatekeeper
Depending on your Sony tv model, not all HMDI ports are necessarily UHD capable. Please confirm the port you are using can handle 4k. Also, do you have the latest firmware loaded on your TV? Finally, are you using a UHD-capable HDMI cable?

Yes Im using a port that is 4k. My hdmi cable is also UHD capable as well.

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)