H34 Locks Up Daily/Now erased all Movies!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bonzo

Original poster
May 20, 2004
Hi,
I have had a H34 with whole home with 3 H25's/ My H34 has been locking up on a daily basis for the last week. It freezes while on & also will be locked up when off. You have to restart receiver. Now last night it locked up while watching tv & then it reset. It then wiped out all our recordings, its now 100% free of recordings. Im on phone now with Direct tv, they dont seen to have a clue at this point. Their only guess is that it detected a hard drive problem & its solution it to erase the hard drive to cure it of its problem it found. Not the greatest thing, now that I lost everything & all settings. They wnt to monitor situation & will call me tomorrow. i really dont feel very good about this. I thought the receiver has some type of time stamp of issues & what it does within it to prove it did something ike that, but she didnt know about anything like that. just Oh, sorry for inconvience. Anybodt else aware of this or any input is appreciated.

Thanks

It has a way to report after an issue, but I think they may only use it for the beta program.

My first thought was HDD too. If it continues to do anything more quirky, make em send you a new one. Mine have been pretty reliable the 6 months Ive had it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)