Had a minor stroke last week this is not fun.

In Junior High we had a case where our music teacher (an ex-nun) got fed up with us and smacked the top of the piano with the yardstick she always carried. This time the yardstick became two rulers, one she was still holding and the longer one flying into the class. No one was seriously hurt, but someone must have said something to her because she never physically threatened us. Of course, we never got unruly after that, either.

lparsons21, continued prayers for your recovery. My Sister-in-Law had a stroke about a decade ago and she has made good progress, but she had spent a week in ICU due to the severity.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
In Junior High we had a case where our music teacher (an ex-nun) got fed up with us and smacked the top of the piano with the yardstick she always carried. This time the yardstick became two rulers, one she was still holding and the longer one flying into the class. No one was seriously hurt, but someone must have said something to her because she never physically threatened us. Of course, we never got unruly after that, either.

lparsons21, continued prayers for your recovery. My Sister-in-Law had a stroke about a decade ago and she has made good progress, but she had spent a week in ICU due to the severity.
id'e take that ruler and smack em back and see how they liked it:biggrin

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell
Well, this has been a crap year for me, health wise. A couple days ago I passed out and was unresponsive after completing the daily physical therapy. My heart rate dropped below 30 3 times. Luckily I was in the hospital and they rushed me to the ER.
They battled getting my heart rate to 50 and then decided I needed a permanent pacemaker. Took me over to the next town that had a cath lab and got that put in. Quick and nearly painless.
I have no actual memory of passing out, just felt funny and while in my head I was talking to someone, I actually wasn’t. Scared the crap out of the therapist and she called me yesterday.
So therapy is stopped for at least a couple of weeks until cleared by my cardiologist. The good is I have good insurance and excellent medical staff fairly locally. The cardiologist practice is rated #5 in the US. The staff at both hospitals was excellent and the food was bland but not horrible.
The lucky part was that I had just sat down to rest prior to getting in my car and leaving. Would have probably been a much different outcome if I had started driving home.

So sorry to hear that. You certainly have had your share of problems and then some. Hopefully things will go well from here on. Sending best wishes your way!

Hang in there. Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time. Glad you were taken care of quickly. Best to you for continued recovery!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)