Had Directv installed - tiny cable is chewed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zurion

Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
I just had Directv installed about 3 weeks ago, and they put the cable along the outside wall very close to the ground where my dogs were easily able to get at it before my realizing. I have the cable secured now, however my dogs were able to chew through the smaller cable of the rg-6 cable. I'm not sure what this cable does because my Directv still works fine.

Is this just a grounding cable? If so, does this need to be replaced? Should I call Direct out to run a new cable?

Eh, if you have HD channels it may make a difference, I personally would replace it.
If you see small artifacts, big macroblockings or any issues i'd replace it, you definitely don't want snow and rain to go inside the cable, it will be bad.

Are you talking about the little small messenger cable that looks like about 18 gauge and copper?

Yes it's sounds like they chewed threw your messenger wire. Yes this is your ground wire for your dish.

No biggie...tape it if you will loose sleep............The coax also can be taped...........Spray the whole deal with "sour apple" or similar dog stop spray.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimline dish install

VIP 622 & Mpeg4 recording

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts