Hallmark channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
I have a couple mesh c-band dishes in the rafters of my pole barn ( 7 or 8 ft) Was wondering if I can hit g3 at 95 degrees. And if any of the c band subscription offer Hallmark channel (for the wife) A La Carte? If so what kind of receiver does it require? I have a uniden with built in mover out in the barn also I know its analog.
Or can one use a 1.2 dish to get 95 with a fta receiver linked to c band? I also have a 48 x 52" muzak dish I can point there.
And another question. I have been looking at the c band dishes at Sadoun and wondering if a polar mount will allow H to H as I remember my c band dishes did not go all the way east. It has been a few years since I had them up.
Do the 6 ft c band dishes Sadoun sell move h to h? What is the best? thanks

If your going to scan the arc I would use the largest dish you have, the 8 foot. The 6 foot Sadoun dish would work but may have problems at 2 degree spacing on some satellites. They do offer a polar mount for the Fortec Star that can use a 18-24" actuator. They don't offer a H to H for it that I know of.

Hallmark is available from NPS in packages only. You need a 4dtv receiver to subscribe. Either a DSR 922, 920 or a 905. With the digital stuff there are very few alacarts left :(

Can you tell me if my coolsat 5000 fta receiver can be linked with my uniden analog receiver for digital c band or will the coolsat receive band without the uniden?
If your going to scan the arc I would use the largest dish you have, the 8 foot. The 6 foot Sadoun dish would work but may have problems at 2 degree spacing on some satellites. They do offer a polar mount for the Fortec Star that can use a 18-24" actuator. They don't offer a H to H for it that I know of.

Hallmark is available from NPS in packages only. You need a 4dtv receiver to subscribe. Either a DSR 922, 920 or a 905. With the digital stuff there are very few alacarts left :(

You would use the Uniden to move the dish, and control polarity/skew and the Coolsat for the channels.
I have a pansat 2500 hooked up to my C-band dish (altho I have a DSR922 for subscription channels too).. works fine.

Hallmark was the one channel my wife wanted and we were able to get it for the last few years by subscribing to AMC, which is no longer available ala-carte. I'm now subscribed to Discovery and TLC in a mini package that does the job for me. Hallmark is a zero-key channel on 4DTV systems. Meaning that it will be clear to any 4dtv receiver that has at least one active authorization.

Hallmark is a zero-key channel on 4DTV systems
at least for now :)

Last edited:
Where is Hallmark on the 4DTV?I just searched the whole guide and overlooked it or something...:confused: EDIT: Found it...G3-702.

Last edited:
Hallmark was the one channel my wife wanted and we were able to get it for the last few years by subscribing to AMC, which is no longer available ala-carte. I'm now subscribed to Discovery and TLC in a mini package that does the job for me. Hallmark is a zero-key channel on 4DTV systems. Meaning that it will be clear to any 4dtv receiver that has at least one active authorization.

Hallmark shouldn't be in ZK normally. They probably have some kind of technical issue, don't expect it to always be there. NPS also has done away with the Discovery, TLC mini package. They have restructured there packages quite a bit in the last few months. If you have an old analog package you can keep it as long as you don't let it expire. If it does or your a new sub you have to abide by there new package rules. I have a grandfathered analog pkg if I forget to renew it it's gone. NPS will not inform you that it's running out either.

You don't need any subscription to get a ZK channel. You need a sub to get channels in U "universal" mode like ALTV.

Hallmark shouldn't be in ZK normally. They probably have some kind of technical issue, don't expect it to always be there. ........

You don't need any subscription to get a ZK channel. You need a sub to get channels in U "universal" mode like ALTV.

When I read this, I was doubtful that it was really ZK, as that's rare for video channels (pretty common for music channels), but I just checked, and sure enough, it's ZK. Usually "free" video channels are FP, not ZK.

I agree re no subscription or authorization required for ZK. I'm receiving Hallmark on my 4200, which obviously isn't subscribed to anything. Shows up as channel 202 I think. If it stays ZK, 4200 receivers can be found for $40 or less. Might be a cheap alternative. But I also agree that you can't count on it staying ZK.

And if any of the c band subscription offer Hallmark channel (for the wife)

I am glad you said for the wife. That channel is horrible. Mine watches it from the time she gets up on Saturday morning until she goes to bed Sunday night. She claims to have seen every movie in their library at least once. Gag. She says due to financial reasons (it's not cheap) she is going to cancel it the next time it's due.......I am counting the days.

I don't keep track of what she subscribes to, since she pays for it from her money (I am FTA only), but from what I could tell from her whining that it's well over $400 a year. You have to get the complete package, no ala carte.

When I read this, I was doubtful that it was really ZK, as that's rare for video channels (pretty common for music channels), but I just checked, and sure enough, it's ZK. Usually "free" video channels are FP, not ZK.

I agree re no subscription or authorization required for ZK. I'm receiving Hallmark on my 4200, which obviously isn't subscribed to anything. Shows up as channel 202 I think. If it stays ZK, 4200 receivers can be found for $40 or less. Might be a cheap alternative. But I also agree that you can't count on it staying ZK.

The 3 modes of freeview:

ZK= Zero Key, in short your receiver will receive it even if it never had a sub at all.(generic- wide open)
FP= Fixed Process, your receiver at one time or another needed a sub to get these.
U= Universal, You have to have an active sub to view these.

That said you can bet your bottom dollar that NPS will encrypt it again there probably having trouble. It was scrambled before. Also to add the more this is talked about in an open forum the faster it will go bye bye especially if NPS's higher ups get wind of this. Best to drop this discussion in an open forum.

Last edited:
What is the WUT area? ?? what's up there or something?? I assume some form of a new finds area?

I don't know what are the current rules to gain access to WUT you would have to ask Iceburg the specifics. But yes its a new finds type of area where sensitive stuff can be discussed. It's not as easy to become a member as in the old days I know that I had to have members vouge for me.

ZK

I'm sorry to have brought up the subject. I guess I just assumed that it fell outside of hack talk and was fair game.:(
It has been my wifes mainstay for several years now. In fact I've considered putting a fixed dish on G3 just for her, so that I can have mine back again.

I'm sorry to have brought up the subject. I guess I just assumed that it fell outside of hack talk and was fair game.:(
It has been my wifes mainstay for several years now. In fact I've considered putting a fixed dish on G3 just for her, so that I can have mine back again.

Doug,

You are okay, don't worry about it. Put up a dish, pay the subscripition and enjoy watching it.

No problem, Doug.:) Your post was fine, we just feel that sometimes as a discussion evolves into a "look what I can get..." kind of thing with the subscription channels, or feeds, it seems to sometimes make 'em disappear quicker. That's why me and tvropro though it should go in a non-public area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)