Weigel Channels

But none allow you to edit commercials and burn to DVD from the comfort of the couch ;)

Yes, I know you can record to USB drives, and have in the past - real pita setting accurate timers, no editing facilities..So sorry, no, definitely not easier.

Besides the shows I watch all classics and no need for HD anything. Progress pfft

But thanks for the input. It gave me an idea: record to flash drive and watch on HD tv which has worked in the past IIRC to correct black screen and sound only problem (which would mean the recording/decoding is fine but the output has a problem in this box.

But I am getting ahead of myself. Will try and report later.

Cheers
I wonder if there might be a plug-in on Enigma2 receivers (like the edision Mio+) that allow editing. Also, the scheduling in Enigma2 is quite user-friendly and can even be done from any web browser. On the other hand, I don't like the scheduling on the Amiko at all.

Now, receivers with composite output... Looks like the Octagon receivers that Rick sells have an AV jack (3.5mm). Now, I know nothing about those receivers other than what I saw in the pictures, but they seem like a fairly popular brand in Europe.

It is nice these are on one Transponder now instead of spread across 7 or 8 like before. Especially since some STB's would have a problem since the TP Frequency's were so close together. Does anyone know why they did that in the past? (separate TP for each channel) Was there a reason for it?

Happened to rescan 4180H 30000 and came up with something called IHSA-HD with PID's of 3111 and 3114. Laurel and Hardy went off at 3 AM EST and Cheaters came on after that. Is this something new?

Saw the ID on the top of the hour. WCIU DT2. Found this on the Weigel website.

The U distinguishes itself in the market by its devotion to local sports, including coverage of WNBA Champion Chicago Sky games, Chicago Red Stars professional women’s soccer competitions, and Game of the Week, featuring the area’s top high school football, basketball and soccer teams. Annual broadcasts of the Illinois High School Association Championship Football and Basketball Tournaments air on The U each November and March. The U is also committed to its entertainment programming, showcasing long-time viewer staples Dr. Phil, The Jerry Springer Show, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars and Chicago P.D.

Reactions: primestar31

The U distinguishes itself in the market by its devotion to local sports, including coverage of WNBA Champion Chicago Sky games, Chicago Red Stars professional women’s soccer competitions, and Game of the Week, featuring the area’s top high school football, basketball and soccer teams. Annual broadcasts of the Illinois High School Association Championship Football and Basketball Tournaments air on The U each November and March. The U is also committed to its entertainment programming, showcasing long-time viewer staples Dr. Phil, The Jerry Springer Show, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars and Chicago P.D.
Found them on TitanTv.

One less reason to ever get a C-band dish now: I managed today to pull in all 7 Weigel channels OTA from KVOS in Bellingham, WA. It's 77 miles to the transmitter site yet reception is perfect. My OTA antenna is just 5 feet above ground which is the best location for reception. A lot simpler than a C-band dish. I enjoyed a lot of these Weigel channel shows when growing up.

Reactions: c-spand and Lee60

This now seems to have vanished. "Service not found (SID not found in PAT)"