Weigel Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mikekohl

Prehistoric Satellite Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 4, 2004
Montfort, Wisconsin
Looks like Weigel pulled all of their single channel C-band feeds on 101 West.
3924, 3928, 3932, 3936, 3940, 3944 and 3952 MHz horizontal carriers have vanished.
It's not the end of the world however, as these channels can now be seen on one frequency.
Look at 4180 MHz horizontal, 30.000 SR to find Decades, H & I East, H & I West, Two feeds of Me TV, Movies!, Start TV-East, Start TV-West and Story TV.

Apparently Weigel does still not offer METV+ via a feed. I get it OTA.
MeTv+ is only in markets where Weigel owns a station and also carries MeTv. So because its only on Weigel owned stations, there is no need for a satellite feed.
Note there are markets (like Cleveland) where Weigel owns a station but does not carry MeTV+ (due to someone else carrying MeTv)

MeTv+ is only in markets where Weigel owns a station and also carries MeTv. So because its only on Weigel owned stations, there is no need for a satellite feed.
Note there are markets (like Cleveland) where Weigel owns a station but does not carry MeTV+ (due to someone else carrying MeTv)
Thanks. It sounds like Weigel only wants METV+ on their owned stations, as the rest of their channels can end up anywhere. I remember for years METV+ was only on their main station in Chicago. I asked them about it (Before we got a Weigel LPTV), that the programming was only licensed for the Chicago market. Frndly TV streams the rest of the six Weigel channels. They are available. Why they are controlling METV+ so tightly I do not understand. Nexstar has Antenna TV & Rewind. Those two are tough to get unless they are available OTA. Not FTA either.

Frndly TV streams the rest of the six Weigel channels.
corect. I signed up recently mainly for Catchy Comedy (Night Court) but I end up watching most of the Weigel nets (none here in Mankato, MN)

They are available. Why they are controlling METV+ so tightly I do not understand.
no clue. Its kinda like "FaveTV" that is only on the CBS O&O stations.

Nexstar has Antenna TV & Rewind. Those two are tough to get unless they are available OTA. Not FTA either.
I wouldn't mind either of them on Frndly ;)

Decades is now Catchy Comedy... Sad to see 'Through the Decades' go away...

Always sad to see a good channel like Decades go, but Catchy Comedy isnt too bad, some pretty decent shows

Night Court, Sanford & Son, etc..

Check the shows/schedule here:

catchycomedy.com

One interesting note on this:

"Unlike Decades, which wasn’t measured by ratings, Catchy Comedy will be Nielsen-rated. “That takes it into a different sphere, in terms of advertiser availability and access,” said Neal Sabin, vice chairman of Weigel Broadcasting Co. “There are many advertisers that won’t look at these networks unless they’re rated, and we’re pretty confident that we have something here that will rate well.”

This kinda explains why Decades has been replaced.

Well, i have also liked Story TV. I've watched quite a bit on that one, my latest favorite was 'The Color of War'. They aired a bunch in succession a few weeks back around March 9th, and was able to catch a bunch of them on my DVR.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Decades is now Catchy Comedy... Sad to see 'Through the Decades' go away...
And been having video issues, audio is fine. Its black then comes in intermittently. Rescanned, rebooted, change of channel of menu sometimes brings it in.
uHD Pro on 10’ , no issues with any other Weigel chans.

Any ideas what changed? From what I can see everythings the same as Decades.

Any ideas?

And been having video issues, audio is fine. Its black then comes in intermittently. Rescanned, rebooted, change of channel of menu sometimes brings it in.
uHD Pro on 10’ , no issues with any other Weigel chans.

Any ideas what changed? From what I can see everythings the same as Decades.

Any ideas?
No issues in mid-Michigan, with an 8ft dish, Edision Mio 4k, and a Titanium lnbf. Not a filtered one either, as I don't have 5g issues. What's a "uHD Pro" receiver? My old MicroHD (wasn't a pro) used to have issues with this mux from time to time, due to its chipset, and something that happens to their signal now and again.

No issues in mid-Michigan, ...

My old MicroHD (wasn't a pro) used to have issues with this mux from time to time, due to its chipset, and something that happens to their signal now and again.

microHD “Geosat Pro” the tiny little stb. Come to thnk of it it used to have trouble with Decades too but only at certain times of the day - prime time, but never this bad as Catchy Comedies.

I guess it would be pointless to ask if there was ever a patch for this issue, as developers stopped supporting these boxes ages ago (legit not pirate crap) .

Curious what you recommend with same size/features and as reliable as the old work horse uHD?

Thanks Michigan

microHD “Geosat Pro” the tiny little stb. Come to thnk of it it used to have trouble with Decades too but only at certain times of the day - prime time, but never this bad as Catchy Comedies.

I guess it would be pointless to ask if there was ever a patch for this issue, as developers stopped supporting these boxes ages ago (legit not pirate crap) .

Curious what you recommend with same size/features and as reliable as the old work horse uHD?

Thanks Michigan
I recommend the Edision Mio 4k receiver as the best one out there for us in the USA. Edision OS MIO+ 4K S2X + S2/T2/C Grey

However, if you don't want to spend that much, I then recommend this one: Amiko Mini 4K UHD S2X FTA Receiver DVB-S2X H.265 HEVC With NTP 4K Ultra HD 5999883026311 | eBay

Or here, if you don't like to use Ebay: Amiko MINI 4K UHD DVB-S2 S2X H.265 HEVC FTA Receiver

Thanks for the suggestion but I need a box with good ole fashioned composite or s-video out ideally, because I record on my DVR and edit and archive to DVD / mostly old 480 line material.

I did notice CC improves as the evening wears on (worst time is 6-8 pm, when the new shows I like are on) .

Thanks for the suggestion but I need a box with good ole fashioned composite or s-video out ideally, because I record on my DVR and edit and archive to DVD / mostly old 480 line material.

I did notice CC improves as the evening wears on (worst time is 6-8 pm, when the new shows I like are on) .
all of the above receivers have excelent recording capabilities, much easier than recording analog composite/s-video on another box... All you need is an external USB hard drive

all of the above receivers have excelent recording capabilities, much easier than recording analog composite/s-video on another box... All you need is an external USB hard drive
But none allow you to edit commercials and burn to DVD from the comfort of the couch ;)

Yes, I know you can record to USB drives, and have in the past - real pita setting accurate timers, no editing facilities..So sorry, no, definitely not easier.

Besides the shows I watch all classics and no need for HD anything. Progress pfft

But thanks for the input. It gave me an idea: record to flash drive and watch on HD tv which has worked in the past IIRC to correct black screen and sound only problem (which would mean the recording/decoding is fine but the output has a problem in this box.

But I am getting ahead of myself. Will try and report later.

Cheers