Hallmark Drama HD coming to dish?

Reading the schedule it appears to be nothing more than a representation of stuff that's already been shown on The Hallmark Channel over the past few years. Many, if not most, of the movies they list have not only appeared numerous times on The Hallmark Channel but have also been rehashed on Pixl. Frankly, Little House on the Prarie has been done to death, 7th Heaven was a poor remake of an earlier show, and Dr Quinn & Touched were, IMHO, only so-so to begin with so I'm not seeing any compelling reason to watch. It smells of bundling at a time when bundling is losing favor and considering Dish's recent position against it I'm surprised they're so quick to jump on board with this one.

Reactions: navychop and KAB
Reading the schedule it appears to be nothing more than a representation of stuff that's already been shown on The Hallmark Channel over the past few years. Many, if not most, of the movies they list have not only appeared numerous times on The Hallmark Channel but have also been rehashed on Pixl. Frankly, Little House on the Prarie has been done to death, 7th Heaven was a poor remake of an earlier show, and Dr Quinn & Touched were, IMHO, only so-so to begin with so I'm not seeing any compelling reason to watch. It smells of bundling at a time when bundling is losing favor and considering Dish's recent position against it I'm surprised they're so quick to jump on board with this one.
If it's cheap......

If it's cheap......
Nah, even at cheap it's more than he was paying before and that's not Charlie's way. He's all for controlling, not increasing, costs so to me this is a head scratcher. They can call it Hallmark Drama but it's really Hallmark II, The Rerun Channel.

Reactions: KAB
It’s funny. My grandmother loves watching Murder She Wrote & Matlock on Hallmark M & M. She curses every Halloween when they switch to Christmas movies non stop till January.
Nah, even at cheap it's more than he was paying before and that's not Charlie's way. He's all for controlling, not increasing, costs so to me this is a head scratcher. They can call it Hallmark Drama but it's really Hallmark II, The Rerun Channel.
Maybe it would be a better idea for Hallmark to launch a separate, part-time (seasonal) channel for the Christmas movies, and keep the regular schedule on the regular channels. They could offer the seasonal Christmas channel as a free preview from November until January, just like the free holiday music channels that Dish offers during that time-frame.

Reactions: TheKrell and Pepper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)