Ham Radio, Scanner stuff for sale or wanted????

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Ok folks what do you think about using this thread for posting your for sale or wanted ham radio or scanner goodies?? That is if Scott will allow it. I would suggest that this would be for private sales only No commercial listings allowed.

What do you think???

73 Bob N1WBD

we already have the classifieds which is how pub members can post stuff for sale :)

Yes but that's Satellite TV stuff hams/scanner buffs usually like to have a section dealing in that type of item. Would you post your house for sale in a auto section? :)

I dont know what the last part of your post had to do with anything because its not the same comparison

The classifieds is an area you can sell anything electronic wise as long as you're a pub member. That is one of the "perks" of being a pub member along with the elimination of ads, the pub area, etc. We have had people sell police scanners and ham equipment there before along with other non satellite stuff (video games, DVD's, portable TV's etc).

Ice what I'm trying to say is that I believe Ham Radio is more specialized if you want to call it that. It requires a FCC license to be able to transmit. Most satellite TV and scanner hobbyists don't have a license or desire to get a license. My thinking is that this is a Ham radio and Scanner forum section. Classified Ads for this type of equipment in my opinion would be better here than in the General classified section.

This was only a idea to toss around and see what the fellow ham radio and scanner hobbyists thought.

Ultimately I believe it's Scott's decision to whether or not we can have it here.

I'm just trying to contribute to the success of this forum section by posting useful info concerning ham radio with the hope that those that are scanner hobbyists will do the same with their hobby. Maybe we can all learn something here or better yet get people to catch the bug a go for their license. I know of one person here that caught the bug and passed his Tech exam. :)

Bob N1WBD

I dont know what the last part of your post had to do with anything because its not the same comparison

The classifieds is an area you can sell anything electronic wise as long as you're a pub member. That is one of the "perks" of being a pub member along with the elimination of ads, the pub area, etc. We have had people sell police scanners and ham equipment there before along with other non satellite stuff (video games, DVD's, portable TV's etc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)