Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well, you just missed the NoVA SatGuys quarterly meeting, BBQ & witchfest, anyway. ;)

It will be interesting to see how XStream plays out its hand.

Agree that it is fair, no new info really. Reading the responses to the review are right on par with what I expect inn society. Basically everyone saying WTF with a few saying that there are those that will pay for quality. The big question is are there enough that will pay the big bucks for this quality. Time will tell.

I don't think this is correct:

"That includes an 18-inch satellite dish that the company estimates will cost around $125 including installation"

I doubt an 18-inch satellite dish will work on AMC 16.

I stopped following stream a while back. Decent review but WHY is this still in beta?

They had to make some changes to their set top box as it was emiting RF which was causing issues.

That explains why Xstream never returned my message on facebook on when we would see this in our home!

No it doesn't. I'll admit I'm not really following them, but I don't recall anything being released about their delays. They really should make info readily available on the reasons for the delays, especially after the egg-on-face launch delay that was not explained quickly. Maybe I missed some info though along the way.

Also, their website is ridculously unprofessional. I repeatedly get SSL Cert errors on their website, especially on pages requiring info from the customer. When viewing the certificates, they referense nothing about xtreamhd.

It's been pretty quiet here. An update on the status of this service would be nice...

Well, it seems they finally found time to fix their SSL certs... that's at least some progress that they are reading the posts here cause they don't read the emails I sent them about it. I sent 4 emails the week or two before posting here that the SSL errors were not inspiring confidence in their site. No reply to the emails, but at least the site doesn't have a bad cert any more.

Thanks for your comments.

We apologize that your emails were left unanswered because we strive to maintain transparency and keep our customers updated with what’s going on within the company. Please send all questions and comments to Marketing@[I]XStreamHD[/I].com and they will be answered in a timely fashion.

Regarding product launch, XStreamHD encountered unforeseen delays in the agency testing and manufacturing setup of its revolutionary whole home entertainment solution. The company is working diligently to address the issues surrounding these delays. Because we are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality product on the market, we will not release product until it meets our exacting standards. We will provide an update regarding the status of the product launch in the near future.

XStreamHDGuy

Thanks for your comments.

We apologize that your emails were left unanswered because we strive to maintain transparency and keep our customers updated with what’s going on within the company. Please send all questions and comments to Marketing@[I]XStreamHD[/I].com and they will be answered in a timely fashion.

Regarding product launch, XStreamHD encountered unforeseen delays in the agency testing and manufacturing setup of its revolutionary whole home entertainment solution. The company is working diligently to address the issues surrounding these delays. Because we are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality product on the market, we will not release product until it meets our exacting standards. We will provide an update regarding the status of the product launch in the near future.

XStreamHDGuy

I'm glad that you guys are working to get it right. Its comforting to know that, and I hope that in the very near future, I'll be able to order my first of many movies from XstreamHD. I just hope that the delays are not too much longer. :)

vurbano -
This box is never going to make it. If it came out 2-3 years ago it would have been great and it very well could have changed everything. However, it is now something that is not a new idea and something that has no value. The company is dead...

vurbano -
This box is never going to make it. If it came out 2-3 years ago it would have been great and it very well could have changed everything. However, it is now something that is not a new idea and something that has no value. The company is dead...

Without a doubt... Seems like I said something to that effect about 6 months ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)