Hands On With XStreamHD

RIP... Bury 'em next to that ridiculous "free-dbs" thing! :eek:
Kinda sux though....unlike "free-dbs", XStream sounded like something I'd like. :(

I noticed that their two muxes on AMC 16 are gone tonight.

That might be a little premature to say. The 2 major muxes are gone but there is a smaller signal up that is not lockable, so it might be them saving on bandwidth costs (5 MHz of bandwidth instead of 72 MHz of bandwidth) while they continue testing of their system.

If that narrower signal leaves, I will more apt to call them RIP, but for now I have to think it's still testing mode and they are using less bandwidth to save costs until they launch.

I wouldn't say it was a scam. They never charged me anything.

And I also know a few companies they did business with and know they had valid contracts with them.

I do think they learned that it's hard to be perfect which is what they were aiming for. :) Lesson learned... nobody's perfect.

Predecessors in that business model failed. Too many alternatives, I guess.

That might be a little premature to say. The 2 major muxes are gone but there is a smaller signal up that is not lockable, so it might be them saving on bandwidth costs (5 MHz of bandwidth instead of 72 MHz of bandwidth) while they continue testing of their system.

If that narrower signal leaves, I will more apt to call them RIP, but for now I have to think it's still testing mode and they are using less bandwidth to save costs until they launch.

The unknown narrow signal has been gone for awhile now also.

MikeD-C05 said:
Oh boy ! Money shots in 3-D! Except you will have to watch it with the funny glasses on to see it.

Kinda makes this thread title take on a whole new meaning...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)