Hard Drive capacity in HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blackcat1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Springfield Missouri
I am going to switch from Dish to DirecTV and have a few questions.

1. What is the hard drive capacity of the HR24 receivers? Are there different versions of the HR24 that have different capacities?

2. I was told by a dealer that the H24 and HR24 receivers are exactly the same. The H24 receivers just don't have the DVR and hard drives activated after they are installed. Is this true?

3. What is the DirecTV Cinema Connection Kit? I thought all that was needed to connect you're whole home DVR system to the internet would be to connect an ethernet connection from your router to you HD DVR.

It's a 500GB drive. I don't have an H24, but I can't for the life of me imagine them actually installing a hard drive into a unit that will never use it. It may very well be the same motherboard, but I doubt it would have the hard drive controller or hard drive actually installed. The cinema connection kit is a DECA module which acts as a gateway between all of your receivers and your router. You can't plug ethernet into the DVR because it will disable the whole house DVR system.

HR24 are all 500gb. H24 nondvr and HR24 DVR are very different boxes. Just sheer size of the unit (and board inside) make that clear. H24 do not have a hard drive, not that the drive is there but not active.

Cinema kit is simply a network wireless adapter. If you order whole-home DVR they offer a internet connection for $25. Ask for that when you order. You do NOT want the Cinema connection kit (around $75), it is not a good option.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts