My dish points in a different direction than the rest of the neighborhoods'

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AekaGSR

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
I live in California and I just recently switched from Dish to D*. I noticed that everyone else with a HD style dish from DirectTV are pointing more South while mine is the only one pointing in a South Eastern direction. Has there been a recent change for the western coast as far as which birds are being used? I would have to say that some of these installs in the neighborhood aren't more than 2 years old.

I live in California and I just recently switched from Dish to D*. I noticed that everyone else with a HD style dish from DirectTV are pointing more South while mine is the only one pointing in a South Eastern direction. Has there been a recent change for the western coast as far as which birds are being used? I would have to say that some of these installs in the neighborhood aren't more than 2 years old.

The hd dishes from Directv all point in the same direction from the same general location.

Are you 110% sure they are DirecTV? Maybe they are the DirecTV International dishes or some other DVB or other brand of elliptical dish? Can't really tell much by "HD style dish from DirectTV"

Attachments

• 87CMCOMBO_zoom.gif
    87CMCOMBO_zoom.gif
    53.1 KB · Views: 201
  • DTVWorldDirectDish.jpg
    DTVWorldDirectDish.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
charper1 said:
Are you 110% sure they are DirecTV? Maybe they are the DirecTV International dishes or some other DVB or other brand of elliptical dish? Can't really tell much by "HD style dish from DirectTV"

Alot of direct world customers in Cali so I'm thinking with Charper

I took another look as I drove by a house 2 doors down. Same exact dish, eliptical, same logo stamped, same LNB and it wasn't an international. It is definately pointed a good 20 deg more south than mine.

AekaGSR said:
I took another look as I drove by a house 2 doors down. Same exact dish, eliptical, same logo stamped, same LNB and it wasn't an international. It is definately pointed a good 20 deg more south than mine.

If your watching tv right now then there not.

They all point different......... :) Not every house sits in the same spot

This will make no difference as the same system setup would still need to be aimed to the same general co-ordinance within that same neighborhood area; there would be no noticeable difference by eye or with a compass.

WOW! This thread took a strange turn. :)

I hope the rhetoric didn't scare the OP away, I'd like to know whether he asked his neighbor about the dish alignments.

Nope, didn't ask. Don't care anymore.

As for Liquidforce. I didn't know post count granted the ability to talk the most sh*t. Jokes are hard to get in plain text because of the lack of tone.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)