Hard Drive erro

Status
Please reply by conversation.

This1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Florida
I have a HR21-100 and getting this error message. I disconnected the Hard drive however still getting this error.
I don't care about the HD so is there anything I can do to fix this without buying a new hard drive
thanks

Attachments

• 20140614_190306.jpg
    20140614_190306.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 100
I have a HR21-100 and getting this error message. I disconnected the Hard drive however still getting this error.
I don't care about the HD so is there anything I can do to fix this without buying a new hard drive
thanks
You mean you disconnected an external drive and the error still occurred? Or you disconnected the internal drive?
You can't run the DVR without a drive. Call DirecTV and get a replacement DVR. $20 shipping, free if you have the protection plan.

I disconnected the internal Drive. This is a owned reciever.
So I have to have a hard drive in order for this to work.

I thought I just could remove the internal drive and be good.. they must have something written int he OS

I thought I just could remove the internal drive and be good.. they must have something written int he OS
You definitely need a HD of some sort, internal or external in order to run the DVR ...

Have you tried disconnecting the internal and using an external to see if it will work ?

No I have maybe I will dig one up. Thanks for the heads up I thought these could work with just removing the HD

It's a DVR. It won't work at all without the disk drive, it won't even boot up.

yep it worked once I connected a internal drive. I was hopeing this would work without a HD.

I might have to sell this one to get one without a harddrive.

yep it worked once I connected a internal drive. I was hopeing this would work without a HD.

I might have to sell this one to get one without a harddrive.

That would be a receiver. Receivers don't have hard drives. And of course can't record anything.
Why don't you want a hard drive?

You can go as small as 320gb, any desktop SATA drive should work ok, especially if you aren't recording much.

I would imagine you can find a smaller used hard drive for $20-$30 in a local computer repair shop or craigslist.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)