Recordings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Hi i have a HR44 when i watch a live show, , then go to a recorded show then back to the live show then back to the recorded show it will be gone. This has been going on for about a week. I also can know longer do a weekend CE it stays on may 18 date.

I discovered this issue last night. My neighbor experienced the same thing and called DirecTV this morning and was told it was a problem related to a recent software load. I not a technical person and haven't searched the forums to see if this has been discussed before. Perhaps, some of our more knowledgeable folks here will explain more.

It's a known glitch that will be addressed in an upcoming national update to the software.

It's a known glitch that will be addressed in an upcoming national update to the software.
Thanks for the info.

Also, is there a predefined schedule for software deployments, or is it more on an as-needed basis, like this issue? And to question further, do we know when this update is due to be deployed?

I don't think there is a schedule yet, but my guess is "soon", like within a week.

If I watch a recorded show, then stop it, the receiver will automatically delete it. Is this part of this problem, or something entirely different? I have an HR24.

I hit the PREV button to bypass the auto delete not STOP or EXIT, and delete/don't delete message at end of each recording don't work either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

If you originally recorded from HR24 and watching on the Genie, it won't delete
But if you recorded from HR34/HR44 and watch on the HR24 then it auto delete hitting STOP or EXIT, This glitch have to do with the new Start Over Look Back feature that have that curvy icon on the Guide.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

If I watch a recorded show, then stop it, the receiver will automatically delete it. Is this part of this problem, or something entirely different? I have an HR24.

It's all part of the same glitch, which like I said, will hopefully be fixed soon.

It's rolling out now.

Fingers crossed it is. I too have the same issues, though it only does it with certain channels.
I have also tried the KEEP option but as soon as i leave that recording, it vanishes.
When i check the history it shows it was deleted by the viewer.

I checked this morning( EST) but nothing. Will check again.I called DTV yesterday, the girl was trying to be helpful
but in the 20 minute conversation we had she said, "let's see here", at least 50 times.
Let's see here= grasping for straws.

If it's a push it's a slow one. I was told when i called to give it 72 hours. I really think she said that because she was clueless on how to handle the problem.

Good to know. My mom said my stepdad was mad as he lost the Twins game the other day and I didn't know what she meant. Now it makes sence

I'd be PISSED if that happened to me (but since I only have a Tivo now its a moot point)

Still happening for me... Three shows in a row that I just watched, gone. The last one, I started it, hit previous after about a minute, tried to go back to the show, and GONE.

Thank god I dont have D* anymore because I would say this

"So they have that CE thing yet they f**k up the software THAT bad it automatically deletes crap and they push it to the public? Guess they're taking the Microsoft approach on software upgrades"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)