Recording ends before event is over

RFGregory

Original poster
Mar 14, 2023
Utah
DirecTV Stream stops recording the NASCAR Xfinity races before the event is over. The first time there were 6 laps remaining, this past Saturday there were 22 laps remaining. I don't find any settings to record longer. The DirecTV web site notes that some networks are set to record beyond the scheduled time; none of these cover NASCAR races: "Sports recordings are automatically extended where content continues to stream beyond the programmer’s scheduled time. Applies to the NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA leagues, NCAA Football and Basketball (Division I), Soccer (UEFA, FIFA) and PGA Tour Golf."

It seems DirecTV is as dumb as Dish Network and converts the program to a time period - anything that airs within that time period is what is recorded, regardless whether it is the correct program. So instead of the local late night news, one gets the network program that aired following the awards program that ran overtime....

Any solutions?

you have to record the show after it. I figured out the same thing 2 weeks ago after I got Direct Stream set up
Truck races and Xfinity will not extend
Cup races DO extend

yeah its a pain not being able to adjust how long to record. A few of us have complained on reddit about it. Directv says "they are looking into it"

Yes, that is what I was doing on Dish, sometimes multiple shows afterwards (depending upon the length of the shows and the likely delay. Todays Xfinity was rain-delayed for 40 minutes and sure enough, recording only through the '59 laps remaining" point!