Hard to describe Hopper problem - now with video.

DW7000

Original poster
Sep 30, 2013
Denver, CO
Hi!

I tried to explain this problem I've been having yesterday, but it's hard to explain in writing. The glitch just happened yet again, so I thought I would record it to show you guys. This is a brand new Hopper with Sling I just received as a replacement, as my previous Hopper's HDD failed.

Reactions: jimijam28
I've reported this same behavior several times. At least your picture came back. I have to do a front panel Red Button Reset. This and the 1am "unannounced", "uncontrollable" nightly reset/update. Just a few in many . . .

I had similar problems. Screen went blank, then nothing worked... channel up/down, DVR functions. Had to reboot or, if I waited the H3 auto rebooted. Solution was a H3 replacement with all the B.S. that causes.
20160501_090810.jpg

With the replacement I've had only one event... screen freeze with sound continuing, then the left side of picture went to a vertical blind effect in green. Auto reboot again fixed the issue. Early adopter issues!

In case anyone is curious about the resolution of this, I ended up getting in touch with StephenH of the DIRT team. He was super helpful. I found out that I was eligible for an upgrade from HWS to H3, so I'm just going to go that route, rather than get another replacement HWS.

This reminds me of a James Bond scene where he is taking off in a helicopter and there's a priest giving him a "final" blessing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)