Hardware needed for adding a wing dish to get HD locals?

The only way to have 5 orbital locations is to use a DP21 per tuner. In your case it gets a little difficult because you have 2 dual tuners. So in your case you'll need 2 DP21s per 622 but since the dish pointing at 61.5 will only have two outputs (dual DP lnb), the installer may use a couple of satellite splitters to split each output giving you the 4 outputs needed for 61.5.

You'll need an extra dish for 61.5 with a DP Dual LNB, 4 DP21s and a couple of DP approved splitters.

Something similar to this picture but instead of the inputs will come from the DPP44 and not the DP Twin that's shown on the picture.

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/images/tech/splitter02.gif
Thanks Randall! augh...i'll probably just wait it out a few months to see what the Eastern Arc setup is going to be.

If you think that 129 is not up to par and you would rather receive service from 61.5, cover the lense of the triple with a metal can.........
Thanks I've read about "covering 129" with metal before. But my old Dish 1000 LNB "enclosed" receiver design didn't make that too easy/secure. The new Dish 1000.2 LNB receivers are on separate "stalks" that almost look they were built for this trick ;)

Talon Dancer

Thanks Randall! augh...i'll probably just wait it out a few months to see what the Eastern Arc setup is going to be.

Specially when you have to give up a single cable run to a dual tuner receiver. You'll need two cable runs for each dual tuner and that's not always possible. I agree with you, you should wait.

Specially when you have to give up a single cable run to a dual tuner receiver. You'll need two cable runs for each dual tuner and that's not always possible. I agree with you, you should wait.
Would i need two cable runs to add 61.5 if i had a 1000.2, instead of the 1000+ that I currently have? (assume same two 622 set up i mentioned above). thanks!

Would i need two cable runs to add 61.5 if i had a 1000.2, instead of the 1000+ that I currently have? (assume same two 622 set up i mentioned above). thanks!

No, you wouldn't. The problem with adding the 5th satellite is that you have to add a DP switch (DP21) and a DP switch doesn't allow a single cable run to a dual tuner. The 1000.2 has a DPP switch built in so you can have 4 orbital locations and feed a dual tuner with a single cable run.

I have the original 1000 and 2 dual tuner boxes. Would I have to do seperate cable runs to add 61.5 with a dpp 44 switch?

No because the DPP44 switch allows you to run a single cable run to a dual tuner. You will need to run a cable for each orbital locations from the dish to the switch. In your case, you'll need to run 4 cables to the DPP44 switch but after the switch you'll only need a single cable run for a dual tuner receiver.

It appears to me a need for a five satellite switch more and more. I sure could use one. Is there a way to find out what new hardware Dish is going to come out with?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)