Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Great deal for a great remote! $154.99 Plus shipping

http://www.onsale.com/onsale/shop/detail~dpno~550571.asp

Optimized for complicated HDTV and PVR systems, the Harmony 880 helps you tame tough configurations like switching your television between video aspect ratios depending on the program source. The interactive color display lets you quickly choose a 16:9 ratio for movies and HDTV, or a standard 4:3 ratio for basic television programming.

Color display:

* Why settle for another boring remote?

The Harmony 880´s color LCD is both functional and stylish, with user-customizable backgrounds, button icons and text.

* Ample space for up to eight custom activities or controls

* On-screen battery level indicator shows you charge status

Recharging station:

* Never replace batteries again. The Harmony 880 includes a sleek docking station that keeps the remote fully charged. Your family will always know where to put the remote—and you´ll always know where to find it!

* Lithium-ion battery provides up to a one-week charge under normal use

* The horizontal docking station allows remote to be used while charging

Award-winning Logitech Industrial Design:

High-end systems deserve a high-end remote. Designed with brushed chrome and charcoal accents, a color LCD display and a low-profile recharging station, the Harmony® 880 Remote will match your most advanced audio-video components perfectly.

Logitech has won a total of eight Industrial Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) in the past two years, including five of Japan´s prestigious 2004 Good Design Awards. This experience helped us design the Harmony 880. Featuring a comfort grip shape and a centered directional pad, it fits easily in your hand and naturally guides you to the most frequently used controls. Even the buttons are sculpted, to help you locate them by feel not sight.

Patented Smart State Technology®

Smart State Technology allows the Harmony remote to completely control an entertainment system by knowing how to control each separate component while tracking the current state of up to 15 devices simultaneously.

http://www.onsale.com/onsale/shop/detail~dpno~550571.asp

maybe they will be lowering the price everywhere soon, I hope. I have about 200 bucks in reward zone dollars that i should be getting in the next month or so and i was looking at the cheapest harmony remote. it would be sweat if i could get this one. i think it retails for around 250 right now.

I bought 4 of these

They are awesome

The only thing is their web site, although cool is missing some key features:

Moving items on the screen to positions you like
Moving display buttons up and down (A simple insert would be nice)
Allowing more than one remote on an accout (you need to have them clone an account, which makes them seperate accounts).

philhu said:
I bought 4 of these
Four? :yikes Don't you know you're supposed to keep one holstered on the hip at all times. But seriously, if NASA has called me early this morning, I could have created a clear weather macro on my Home Theater Master MX-700 and the crew of the shuttle would have been home hours ago. :rolleyes:

hbk409 said:
now they are 189.99

Which is around the going rate on e-bay from a reputable dealer. I see "buy it now" for as low as $171, and auctions closing around $165

got mine for $169. free ground shipping, and it came in two days. great remote. thanks for the link scott.

Here's the link to the Harmony 880 page at Logitech. The deal maker for me is the recharging base. I keep on feeding my Marantz RX2000 MkII 4 AA alkalines every four months. This thing makes the Marantz (which was the uber remote just five-six years ago) look like the remote that came with your parent's Quasar...

queenz NY said:
got mine for $169. free ground shipping, and it came in two days. great remote. thanks for the link scott.
Oh, well, I should have jumped when I said so. The link above now says "Cannot find item: 550571" I ended up spending $25 more because I snoozed. :no

Let that be a lesson to you!

FYI - Aaxes.com has the remote for $179.95. Still a pretty good deal (although not AS good as Scott's).

I got a Harmony 880 yesterday from ValueElectronics (ValueElectronics is running a huge special for SatelliteGUys members, but the price is SO LOW I can't advertise it here, just call and ask for the SatelliteGuys Harmony Remote Special) :)

I am programming it now, I can't tell you if I like it or not yet. I am use to my other two 659 units I have.

In programming it there are some options I would like to change but it won't let me (For example I have 2 DVR's and both display the same WATCH TV icon in the screen. I would love to change it to show a Dish 942 or Dish Network logo and the other one show an expressvu logo.

I also dont there there is a guide like my 659's had.

There is also no programming available to I can add my XTV / ITVN remote, guess I will have to program that one by hand.

Scott, the first time I read your response, I read it as, "XTV remote, guess I will have to program that by one hand"...:D

Sorry.

I just spent most of the evening playing with the 880. I think I have it set up for just about every input. I like the size and weight, but I think someone mentioned that the text on the buttons is best suited for the under-40 crowd. The acid test will come when my wife tries it out (she wasn't impressed at first), but at least it can be customized to add a few common functions from all the different devices; my Marantz defaults to "stereo" after switching from a DD/AC-3 signal and it needs to be switched back to Pro Logic. Now there is a simple button that takes care of that.

I also had to tweak some of the definitions since the button layout for my DVD/LD player didn't have next/previous chapter button assigned. Easily fixed in the customization screens.

Scott, it looks like you can change the "theme" for the remote, but I haven't explored that yet. I did raid the Dish site for channel logos for the Favorites assignments!

One problem I ran into with my Mitsubishi (not sure if it's an issue with the Dish yet,) but the ATSC tuner on the Mits wants to see "0-1-6-1" for digital channel 16-01. However, the Harmony drops the leading zero from the keystrokes, so I see "161" show up on the screen, which doesn't work. I have an e-mail in about that.

All in all, thank you Scott for finding this deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)