Please reply by conversation.

rickaren

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 7, 2004
IN
Harmony ONE Remote Whole House with DirecTV HR 22 DVR

I too am using a old modulator on my HR22-100 to supply a signals to three other LCD TVs and my computer, but ran into another issue that I have now resolved using the new fantastic Harmony ONE remote, I purchased . You can set the HR22 DVR up to use IR or RF commands for your remotes but not both.

I had purchased from D* their RC64 RC remote that worked through the house. Well when I bought the Harmony One Remote it only uses IR commands and I had to reset the DVR back to IR from RF and used the original RC64RB to even program this new remote. Got everything working just fine and Logitech/Harmony told me I could not use their remote only as IR, but how was I to control "Whole House"?

I have a bunch of old stuff around too, and by using an old X-10 Powermid (model PM5900) I found I could use the original IR D* remote if I had transmitter in each location. WOW! Got "On-Line" and found additional transmitters (RE549) are still available, but are few and far to be had. I order two more so I can at least have the TVs covered. Could always move to computer room if needed. Something old is new again. These things look like little black pyramids that plug into a wall plug and the base receiver has an antenna on it. Anyone remember them?

Anyway I also have DISH using a VIP-622 DVR and there are no issues using them since they come with two remotes (one IR & one RF) and even an additional coax output.

I highly recommend this new Harmony ONE Remote and with this old/new set up I can still control other locations.

Please NOTE: I have copied this posting from another Form that was in discussion on how to distribute signals to other set from a HR22-100 DVR and thought someone here might benefit from my experience if they purchase a new Harmony ONE Remote.

I found Next Generation remote extender working very good with my Harmony's 520 & 659. It is about $30 from Amazon.

the Next Generation extenders won't work with Harmony One, reason is the One doesn't use AA or AAA batteries.

The remote extenders like the x10, came in other brands as well, radio shack, RCA, and proscan, They will all work togther, so you're not limited to the x10 brand only.

see photo:

[ame]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tivoburkee/img_0231.jpg[/ame]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)