Harmony Remote & Hopper 3

I don't have a Harmony so I don't know how it behaves or how it's programmed but I do know the POWER OFF command is messed up, both on H2 and H3. For H2, POWER OFF worked fine until some software update, then it started working as a power TOGGLE. On H3, POWER OFF does a power ON.

It's possible Harmony recognized this and did as I did and programed power off as: POWER ON, delay, POWER (toggle).

I also programmed the power on sequence as POWER ON, delay, CANCEL. This gets rid of the home screen at power up.

My Harmony does exactly everything with the H3 as it did with the 722, including going into standby. Works fabulous;
Has anyone figured out a way to bring up Search? This used to be on the # button in the keypad but H3 puts help there. The only way I can find to call up search is to go into Menu the cursor down to Search.

Mine worked since the 722 days, then H2k and HWS. Not sure why its acting up now. I know it's a mixed bag of some do, and some don't.
Plug it into your PC and rerun the activity wizard. Just say yes to everything in the different steps, then update Remote again. Try that, I had glitches before long time ago and reloading helped.

Reactions: stimpson
Plug it into your PC and rerun the activity wizard. Just say yes to everything in the different steps, then update Remote again. Try that, I had glitches before long time ago and reloading helped.
Yep. Already planned on doing that tonight. Didn't have time to mess with it last night after the installer left.

Reactions: ralfyguy
Learn the command to the Harmony from the Hopper Remote, using the search glass button.
I would if I could but the Dish remote is RF only so it can't send IR commands for satellite functions to a learning remote. A Dish 20.1 remote might work as it has a SEARCH button but don't have one of these.

I would if I could but the Dish remote is RF only so it can't send IR commands for satellite functions to a learning remote. A Dish 20.1 remote might work as it has a SEARCH button but don't have one of these.
Oh, I forgot about that. So essentially no Hopper command is sent IR, but UHF only?

Oh, I forgot about that. So essentially no Hopper command is sent IR, but UHF only?
Yup.

It looks like a Dish 20 or 21 remote might be able to send a SEARCH command via IR but I don't know if that would be the same as the # button. The remote I have has a database for Dish remotes and it does have the # button but no SEARCH button.

Yup.

It looks like a Dish 20 or 21 remote might be able to send a SEARCH command via IR but I don't know if that would be the same as the # button. The remote I have has a database for Dish remotes and it does have the # button but no SEARCH button.
My Harmony had a Search button assigned, but it doesn't work. There's a popup saying something that this is not supported anymore. So likely an order dish Remote will yield the same result

Has anyone figured out a way to bring up Search? This used to be on the # button in the keypad but H3 puts help there. The only way I can find to call up search is to go into Menu the cursor down to Search.
On my Harmony Touch, If you are on the normal video screen a Left (<) arrow brings up the search dialog.

On my Harmony Touch, If you are on the normal video screen a Left (<) arrow brings up the search dialog.
That doesn't work for me on H3. It brings up the "Trending" selection at the bottom of the screen.

I do have a workaround until an IR code (if ever) can be found:

MENU, down arrow, SELECT

Slow but it does work.

That doesn't work for me on H3. It brings up the "Trending" selection at the bottom of the screen.

I do have a workaround until an IR code (if ever) can be found:

MENU, down arrow, SELECT

Slow but it does work.
My Harmony shows the same effect when doing the left arrow.

I do have a solution, but that required a second Harmony Remote.
I added the Hopper as additional device. It has the Search button correctly. But you cannot transfer Buttons between devices.
So I took my main Harmony and put it in IR learn mode, took the second Harmony and selected the Hopper device and pushed Search. The main Harmony learned it and I named it Dish Search. It took the command to the device that I used to control the 722 with and added it. It has the new Dish Search command in the list now.
So I added that to the activity z and it works!
Pressing Dish Search now brings up the Search exactly like on the 52.5 Remote.
But like I said, this trick requires another Harmony Remote.

The 880 is IR only.

I found a quirk in some of the Harmony code sets where the remote would tell the Hopper to turn off, then turn back on again. I was able to overcome this with my Harmony One, but had to live with it with my Harmony 880.

This is with HWS units.

Did you figure yours out yet? Mine doing the same thing!!

Haven't tried to fix it yet, but I wanted to say that the Joey 2 does respond correctly, like the Super Joey it replaced. That one is using a 650. But I'll try the suggestions in this thread soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts