Harold Camping on AMC6 weak or gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
Been barely watchable past week, today no signal at all here in Michigan. I even went out and pointed a larger dish at it, I'm seeing the usual NBC stuff and also GBN, but no Harold.

72w AMC6
11890 H 1666

Jim

He aint gone yet!

I got him here at 70/99 on the Icon box, 90cm dish. Maybe they were just changing out the batteries or something. 522p Central

My dish is down for a move right now so I can't check, but I hadn't seen him for weeks or months at the old location. I figured it was just my dish getting out of alignment, but maybe something did happen to the power or the beam shape.

Still good here

Having some light rain here tonight but I still get 70signal/99quality on the Icon. (it's a signal-vacuum!) . Maybe the satellite pattern has changed for you people who are suffering from no/weak signal. I hardly watch it but it's one I've always used to tweak AMC6 on, if you can pick that channel up you have a pretty good dish/receiver.

Well I found it by manually shifting the TP freq up 6mhz, now getting it about q50, about as good as it ever gets.

working here in MN as of yesterday...72 quality on Coolsat 5000
(dish was off a smidge..had to move west to lock the signal...I guess just because the NBC stuff was at 82 quality doesnt mean the dish is peaked properly)

Where is he going?

now lets keep it on topic after I post this and keep religious beliefs posts out of it (just giving a FYI)...from his wiki page

Camping's latest publications, We are Almost There! and To God be The Glory, refer to additional Biblical evidence which, in his opinion and that of others mentioned by him, points to May 21, 2011 as the date for the Rapture and October 21, 2011 as the date for the end of the world.

working here in MN as of yesterday...72 quality on Coolsat 5000
(dish was off a smidge..had to move west to lock the signal...I guess just because the NBC stuff was at 82 quality doesnt mean the dish is peaked properly)

Glad you reminded me to stay on topic, I almost typed something. Anyhow on topic, Ice do you see any difference in the TP freq. scanned in vs. the listed 11890? My stacked LNB should get it at 12710, but had to manually key in 12704 to get it. Is my stuff drifting or is the sat off?

Glad you reminded me to stay on topic, I almost typed something. Anyhow on topic, Ice do you see any difference in the TP freq. scanned in vs. the listed 11890? My stacked LNB should get it at 12710, but had to manually key in 12704 to get it. Is my stuff drifting or is the sat off?

I get it at 11890 just fine but with the low symbol rate the LNB could drift...I know I've locked it between 11886-11896 no issues....so you're probably good. DO other signals read that far off too?

DO other signals read that far off too?

The others scan in fine with the usual 1 or 2 MHz difference, but they are all vert, Harold is the only horz that gets up shifted by the stacked LNB. Since you are getting it on freq, I have to guess my LNB is off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)