Has anyone got notice on boxee box

I pre-ordered one the day they went on sale and just checked my Amazon account and I ordered it with overnight delivery and its scheduled to be delivered on Friday.

So I just ordered a second one and selected Overnight shipping and it will be here tomorrow.

Whats up with that?

boxee.jpg

I preordered a few weeks ago and got mine today. Love it so far. Picks up the video titles off the NAS with no issues. I had it setup wireless at first and noticed it only hooked up at 72 megabit over wireless N. It wouldn't stream a 14 gigabyte h264 mkv bluray file at first without buffering. I switched over to wired...no gigabit on the box...but it streamed the file with dts with no issues. Smiling ear to ear so far. The kids and the old lady will have no issues using this box without me having to start the movie for them. Man....I want another one for the bedroom!!!

The streaming I get is plain bad, but I am going wireless will try using direct connection.

For a FYI you have to update the firmware to 1.0 to get this puppy to work right. Vudu is still not active and netfilx is about a month away. I wish the browser is not in html5 format but a real browser like firefox safari or windows explorer. It will surf the web.

Still playing with the boxee box so far the roku has better picture and a better stream rate. I have tried everything to increase my download speed I can't get it above 2 mps on the boxee box, everything else gets at least 10 mps at my house.

My advise is to get roku it does a better job.

Maybe someone else got better results with the boxee box,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts