Slingplayer for the iPad is about to launch!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got this in my inbox.

SlingPlayer Mobile for iPad is about to launch and you're going to love it. When it becomes available it will be priced at $29.99, the same as all of our SlingPlayer Mobile applications. The new app will take full advantage of the iPad's beautiful display.

The new SlingPlayer Mobile for iPad will only work with the Slingbox PRO-HD and Slingbox SOLO. Legacy Slingboxes, like the Classic, TUNER, AV and PRO, do not have the hardware capability to stream at the iPad's higher resolution. This means that if you own a legacy Slingbox, you will want to upgrade it.

If you have already purchased SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone, it will continue to work in "Compatibility Mode" on the iPad. The iPhone version of the app will stream from all Slingboxes, but not at the higher quality resolutions of the iPad app.

To bad my Solo burned out on me about 4 months ago. I'm going to hold out a little longer to see what the Nomad Project is all about with Directv.

Really sucks that they are going to make you buy it again. I bought the iphone version on my iPad because that was all that was available. I don't know that I'll shell out the $30 again to get the new version...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts