Has anyone purchased the Panasonic DMP-BD55K?

rfischer4073

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Merritt Island, FL
I am curious if anyone has purchased the new Panasonic DMP-BD55K Blu-Ray player?

I picked one up at Circuit City this past weekend, and was wondering if someone could help me with an issue I am having, as I've seen nothing on other forums regarding the problem.

Prior to the Blu-Ray player I just got, I had a Toshiba HD-A20. I was able to set the unit to 24 frames a second with my current setup with no problems. The Panasonic 24 frames per second option is grayed out. I doubt it is a HDMI I issue obviously, but am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem?

Any help would be appreciated!

BD35/55 thread is here. That's where we are hanging out.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/blu-ray-forum/151719-panasonic-dmp-bd35-dmp-bd55.html

Actually, it probably is an HDMi issue. Without knowing which set you have it is hard to say. There are many sets out there that have an incorrect EDID table, even though the set might accept a 1080p/24 signal. One such example is the Optoma Projector. Panasonics do not force 1080p/24 if the display does not accept it with the correct table. Give us a little more info on the setup including the receiver you are running the video through if applicable.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)