Has anyone's 811 installation been rescheduled lately?

People should go through a local retailer, not Dish Network.

It is all the same but GENERALLY I've heard the retailers buy their equipment DIRECT from JVC, not Dish.

I ordered my 811 somewhere early December and was right on schedule, actually 5 minutes early.

I've had mine for over a month now and love it.

I live in little ol South Dakota, just up and over from little ol Iowa!

ughh, wonder what will happen if I cancel my order through dish and try to sign up with a local retailer? They'll probably try to charge me full price for the 811, because I technically won't be a new customer since I've placed an order even though I've never received any service from them... and then I'll get put to the end of the Iowa 811 list and won't get mine until July... part of me says cancel and try local, the other part says wait it out and the unit is coming.

Yayy! My Christmas present finally arrived, and is now resting in my entertainment center! I love it, and will agree that it's S-video output is much better than that of my old 4700, DiscoveryHD is friggin' unbelieveble!
The only disappointment so far is that even though i told the instaled i was planning on watching the Superbowl, he neglected to tell me i would need a second dish.
Oh well, i'll prpbably just try an indoor antenna first.

The only minor bugs i've noticed are the low volume, and a "slightly" darker picture through my component output.

I called dish to get put on that waiting list for the 811 and then checked my credit card online...oh ya, they charged me even though I didnt agree to any payment and made it 'clear' to them on the phone I didnt want to be charged for anything! awesome

I ACTUALLY had mine installed on the 17th. Installers first 811. He was a little confused, but I didn't mind...He didn't get the OTA working at all. My Tivo really through a wrench in the set up...I think it's working now, but the picture sure is dark when using tivo through s-video....HD sure looks good through componenet though....Some of my OTA digital chanels seem to be available sometimes and other times not....I always have a signal of 85+...

My 811 was installed yesterday as well! It was my first appointment... sorry guys. Everything went well with the installation. I can't wait to see the Hockey game tonight on HDNET.

FINALLLLLY.... THE 811 HAS COME BACK... TO IOOWWWAAA!!!! After four calls into the executive escalation team I am finally confirmed by my installer for installation this Sat, 1/31. Only six weeks after I ordered! When I called the exec team yesterday I told them I found a retailer in OH that had units and he was willing to send one out to me in Easter Iowa but I had to find my own installer. I called the team and asked if their installer in iowa would install for free since they are screwing me and that would get some programming cash in Dish's pocket quicker than waiting for the iowa installer to get an 811 in Feb and install me then, he said hellz no that wouldn't work and said he'd call the installer quick. After waiting on hold for about 5 or 10 minutes he came back and said the installer would try to get me in this week? WTF he has units and he wasn't calling me, what a dbag! He wouldn't set up an apt with the exec member but said he'd call me. Not even 6 hrs later he was on the phone with my wife setting up an apt for whenever we wanted... Sat am it is. So I guess the moral of the story is if you have ordered and are waiting for an install you just have to make Dish or your installer beleive that you are going to go with someone else and they'll try a bit harder to get your service to you. What a bunch of assclowns! IF YOU SMEEEELLLLLLL, WHAT MY INSTALLER'S..... COOKIN'!

Just got my 6th cancellation. They promised me that the next unit that shows up is mine. Getting really sick of it. Haven't lost any work time yet because they warn me in time but I keep having to arrange for another afternoon off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)