Has ANYONE's DMA had HD Local channels added that weren't there on launch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jake14mw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Central Connecticut
Here in CT it's been months and we still have only two locals in HD. Has anyone in another market had any HD locals added in addition to the ones that were there at launch? I'm beginning to think this is all we are going to get!:mad:

If it was really a negotiations thing, I would expect to see some stations in some markets being added. I'm just wondering if D* just wants to get markets up, and once they are up they don't care whether all the channels get added.

Actually, i just looked into some of this and posted a big list of parent companies on dbstalk (http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=68497).

It appears that these parent companies are keeping all their HD channels out for the time being. Being in Hartford, you've got to deal with LIN and Tribune. Neither of which have any channels on D* in HD.

I can repost that message over here too, if you think it'd be a good idea (not sure if it'll get a sticky in either place, which would be ashame since I did a lot of work on it).

I wouldn't hold your breath on LIN - they're still holding out some CT cable companies from getting WTNH-DT, too

I wouldn't hold your breath on LIN - they're still holding out some CT cable companies from getting WTNH-DT, too

That's true, although I have a friend that works for Cox. He said that LIN and Cox are close to a deal. This is Cox out of Atlanta and LIN corporate, so maybe it bodes well for all LIN stations.

Here in DFW we have had two stations added to the HD MPEG-4 lineup since the service was originally rolled out.

Detroit, which was D* first market to launch, added MNTV a month ago or so, mostly for Detroit Pistons in HD, but it is there none the less. They do continue to add after launch.

Here in CT it's been months and we still have only two locals in HD. Has anyone in another market had any HD locals added in addition to the ones that were there at launch? I'm beginning to think this is all we are going to get!:mad:

"Move" to Boston until they complete the CT market. I know you miss some locals you may want, but you can supplement with an antenna. Its my way of saying FU to LIN and Tribune.

Status
Please reply by conversation.