Has CBSHD West been mirriored on 129 yet?

Not yet available to subscribers. All signs point to LA locals coming from 129 in the near future, possibly as early as January :).

HokieEngineer said:
Not yet available to subscribers. All signs point to LA locals coming from 129 in the near future, possibly as early as January :).
cool, I'll hold off on that 148 dish I was going to order and the 44 switch. CS says I'm elgible.
Tim

Gary Murrell said:
if you are interested in HBO/Showtime HD, on 148 they are much better than 110
higher bitrate and a few less errors
-Gary
I'm going to try to get 148 in the next few days. I'll have to look for a spot to find that will see over the trees since 148 is at 14degrees here. What size dish did you end up using? What kind of signal are you getting?

Brett... Here in chicago 148 is like 7 degrees or so.. I have used a dish 500 in the past with a single lnbf attached to it. The signal here was 110-125 but more prone to rain faide due to the distance from the bird to the dish. ;)

I used a 24" dish with DP LNB, I got around 78 max on the HD Tp's, it's a tough go to hit that bird out east, but don't give up
my elevation was 10 degrees and I put it in the top of a 30 foot tree ;)

-Gary

goaliebob99 said:
Brett... Here in chicago 148 is like 7 degrees or so.. I have used a dish 500 in the past with a single lnbf attached to it. The signal here was 110-125 but more prone to rain faide due to the distance from the bird to the dish. ;)

What, you mean it's not 22,300 miles :p

GeorgeLV said:
What, you mean it's not 22,300 miles :p
Well, actually, the distance DOES vary a bit - as much as 500 miles from various places in the footprint IIRC.

The rain fade issue has more to do with having to traverse a bit more of the lower atmosphere - where there's more moisture.

HokieEngineer said:

So that is a YES that CBSHD WEST is mirrored on 129 but it is not just made available to the public YET?

Paradox-SJ said:
LA locals are not the same as CBSHD W am I right?

I mean that if you live in the LA DMA you dont get CBSHD automaticly do you?
CBS-HD-West IS the LA CBS affiliate.

You should have NO problem having it added to your account (for free no less!), but it's unlikely that it would be automatic.

SimpleSimon said:
Well, actually, the distance DOES vary a bit - as much as 500 miles from various places in the footprint IIRC.
The rain fade issue has more to do with having to traverse a bit more of the lower atmosphere - where there's more moisture.
So, how BIG is the bit ? :D 500/22300 = 0.0224, ie 2.24 %; cloudy days could make higher attenuation, he he.
But seriously thinking, the additional 500 miles is worst miles for RF signal doe high density of air, moisture, dust, etc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)