Has Directv lost that HD leader feeling!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can't believe I'm the first one to say this...

E* can have as many "HD" channels as they'd like, even double the number.

If it's not full resolution and bitrate, they suck. Period. Finito. End of story.

Those of us who lived through D*'s "HD Lite" days should know this. I can't believe people are getting this hung up on some marginal HD channels (as much as I would like ESPNU-HD, I'll admit it's a niche).

:up:up

Comcast here isn't that great either.
I will bet that it is better than "Twin County Cable".....:D

They are so bad, that the city council took a vote last year on whether to run them out of town.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but has anyone notice that DVR service is no longer free with the Premier pack? This is getting rediculous! :mad: Plus the lack of more National HD channels doesn't justify all the recent price increases either.

With profits down during Q1, mainly due to investment in new subs, probably explains why they haven't added many new HD channels. When cost are high, they probably do not want to increase costs even further. I would be willing to be that they have decided to spend the last few quarters focusing most of their resources on new subs and advertising (and it has worked). They will probably not worry about focusing resources on new channels until sub growth declines.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but has anyone notice that DVR service is no longer free with the Premier pack? This is getting rediculous! :mad: Plus the lack of more National HD channels doesn't justify all the recent price increases either.

i noticed that about 8 months ago :(

I had Dish for 6 years before making the switch to DirecTV in April of 2008. I would think at some point that Direct has to fire back with more national HD or start loosing subs to Dish. They can't just be satisfied with the status quo. If Direct doesn't come through, I may consider going back to Dish but it would be a tough decision. I believe HD quality is a little better from Direct.

I have always had more problems with cable than with satellite. The cable in our place in Mammoth goes out more in the snow than Direct does when I bring it up. Even my internet and phone go out more with my current TWC at our main house than the TV goes out with Direct.
I havent had cable since 2003? I cant remember. But rain fade is a real ptoblem. I really don't care if its 10 minutes it should be zero. And Ive had my Dish professionally peaked at least once a year maybe twice a year. There is really no reason to lie about it, even OTA is affected by atmospheric conditions.:rolleyes:

I havent had cable since 2003? I cant remember. But rain fade is a real ptoblem. I really don't care if its 10 minutes it should be zero. And Ive had my Dish professionally peaked at least once a year maybe twice a year. There is really no reason to lie about it, even OTA is affected by atmospheric conditions.:rolleyes:
Are you saying I am lying? What did I lie about? Prove it.

Look, I have seldom had rain fade issues. The one or two times I have had them, during a heavy hail storm, I only got slight pixelation during the event. Yes, even in SoCal it does rain hard, it just doesn't rain that often (Where I live we average 20 inches of rain a year and it all falls within 4 months while only raining a few days within those months. Few places in the US get an average of 20 inches of rain in a 4 month period of time). I have more issues with cable than anything. My internet AND phone (which are both through TWC) go out a few times a year for an hour or more at a time. I call and the recording states that it is a known problem and they are working on it. All of our utility lines are underground and when it rains a lot we get a lot of interference with cable.

Our place in Mammoth constantly has finding transponder messages on the cable and goes out a lot during heavy snow. The dishes the cable company uses are also affected by the weather. I have never once lost satellite during a snow storm in Mammoth. (For those in the central and eastern part of the country, remember that the CA mountains get more snow in one week than many of you guys get in one year. Mammoth averages over 300 inches/yr and the mountain gets over 600 quite often).

Last edited:
In the past 12 months - my Satellite service has been down a total of 2 1/2 hours. (Eight or Nine 20-30 min outages)

My Cable internet service was down for a total of around 36 Hours ... 4-5 outages in total.

I'm 100% sure which of the services is more reliable in my household. The Directv service has been more stable than my Dish service ever was and that in turn is far more stable than my cable service ever was ...

Vurbano,

Still waiting for you to prove that I lied. If you are going to make accusation, try to support them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts