Has Dish become the new pig?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Harry said:
I called E* yesterday to check on getting the Voom Channels. I currently have the HD package and thought the Voom channels would become part of that. I have only a Dish 500 so I checked about getting the 61.5 signal.

Well, to get the 61.5, it will cost $100 for another dish. This was not unexpected, but, the kicker is I would have to pay another $5 per month for the Voom stuff! Not going to happen for me.

At this rate, Dish has approached cable in cost and is quickly passing them. :no
Harry, I couldn't agree more. I currently have Dish 500 and three feed horns. I get 105 (local channels - Baltimore area), 110 and 119 now I have to add a second dish 4th feed horn - I think not! Looks like I'm going back to cable. Once you add everything up with the receivers, tv connections, programming, HD service, DVR service, local channels, etc my bill is pushing $120. Now they want another $100 plus $5.00 a month. I get HD local OTA just fine.

redline65 said:
... Does anyone have any information about the possibility of new additions to the $9.99 HD package?
The possibility always exists. Charlie could drop another bomb any day. Having said that, nothing is in the wind except what was said about the rest of the V21 channels.

If you wanted to compare apples to apples, how about comparing their HD package to their other Movie packs?? then you could break the cost down as a per channel basis and then determine how the packages really compare cost wise..

Showtime - 11 channels = $11.99/month
Starz - 8 channels = $11.99/month
HBO - 8 channels = $13.99/month
Cinemax- 5 channels = $11.99/month
HD Pack - 5 channels = $9.99
HD Pack + Voom10 - 15 channels = $14.99

Plus their multiple movie combo packs that reduce the total costs...
See here... http://www.dishnetwork.com/popUps/programming/movies/movies.shtml?section=programming

D* Hd

I'd like to see something that documents what channels are on what sat. I have a friend in the local area (DC) that also has E*, he's able to get the new HD channels I can't. We have determined that it must work out to what sat you get for the locals. We both get 110 and 119 I get 105 (Baltimore locals) he gets 61.5 (we assume that DC locals are there). $5+ additional a month is one thing but having to adding dishes to your roof is yet another. :(

navydavy said:
I'd like to see something that documents what channels are on what sat. I have a friend in the local area (DC) that also has E*, he's able to get the new HD channels I can't. We have determined that it must work out to what sat you get for the locals. We both get 110 and 119 I get 105 (Baltimore locals) he gets 61.5 (we assume that DC locals are there). $5+ additional a month is one thing but having to adding dishes to your roof is yet another. :(
http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

navydavy said:
... I currently have Dish 500 and three feed horns. I get 105 (local channels - Baltimore area), 110 and 119 ...
You don't have a Dish500, you have a SuperDish.

Remember this.

It's important is you ever want to ask anyone for help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)