Has Dish Network been better at channel disputes lately?

I believe that DISH has recently discontinued the national PBS

Not sure that's been fully confirmed (yet). It's still listed on the Dish site. I had thought they removed national WPIX also, but it's still there. I had a receiver authorization issue. If you are supposed to be receiving National PBS, I would email ceo@dishnetwork.com with your name and account number and they will look into it quickly.

I believe that DISH has recently discontinued the national PBS
I thought that was only for grandfathered subscribers who got the national feed years ago, before their local affiliates were available. The national PBS feed is still included in local packages in markets that "need" it, at least according to one person from Zanesville who posted.

I thought that was only for grandfathered subscribers who got the national feed years ago, before their local affiliates were available. The national PBS feed is still included in local packages in markets that "need" it, at least according to one person from Zanesville who posted.

If you plug in the zip code edisonprime provided on the Dish website, it shows National PBS as part of the lineup in that area

If you have a high speed internet connection..you can get a roku with the Disney app and watch all their channels in HD

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
But, unless bundled, they would most likely need to pay to up their speed to constantly run a Roku app with any other internet needs. It depends on what they are paying already. It can be a viable option.

A couple salespeople lied to me. They promised a buyout of my DirecTV contract but I learned the hard way that they can’t do that. At least they offered me a $100 credit on my installation and a $25 gift card.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

A couple salespeople lied to me. They promised a buyout of my DirecTV contract but I learned the hard way that they can’t do that. At least they offered me a $100 credit on my installation and a $25 gift card.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
If you are really interested in Dish, try DIRT on here first. They've never steered me wrong.

You do not have to pay the entire Directv Early Cancellation Fee all at once. Just wait for Directv to turn it over to a bill collector, and the bill collector will be happy to divide it into monthly payments for you. I just found that out the hard way, after unsuccessfully disputing my Early Cancellation Fee with Directv. (In this case, it was Directv's salesperson who had lied to me when they convinced me to sign back up, saying that I would not have a contract.)

Reactions: edisonprime
You do not have to pay the entire Directv Early Cancellation Fee all at once. Just wait for Directv to turn it over to a bill collector, and the bill collector will be happy to divide it into monthly payments for you. I just found that out the hard way, after unsuccessfully disputing my Early Cancellation Fee with Directv. (In this case, it was Directv's salesperson who had lied to me when they convinced me to sign back up, saying that I would not have a contract.)

Did you take a hit on your credit report for that, though?

Reactions: The Fat Man
Did you take a hit on your credit report for that, though?
Probably. It has been awhile since I checked. Still, when you cannot afford to pay the lump sum all at once, what choice do you have? I don't know how these satellite providers expect people to be able to afford huge early cancellation fees. In my opinion, when they say that the cancellation fee will be $20 per month remaining in the contract, they should just automatically bill it at $20 per month until the fee is paid off, instead of trying to bill it all at once.

I think both satcos will have more disputes with locals down the road. The Networks appear to be squeezing affiliates for more money on retransmission. I think that is killing the golden goose.

I agree, but Dish acts like a spoiled child when it comes to negotiations.

Dish would rather pull the station and blame the provider instead of working in good faith.

I used to believe everything dish said whenever there was a dispute, but it’s the same story every time.

Then you ask why Directv, Comcast, Spectrum and others don’t have as many of these same issues, which goes to show Dish Is the problem most of the time.

Reactions: reddice
I agree, but Dish acts like a spoiled child when it comes to negotiations.

Dish would rather pull the station and blame the provider instead of working in good faith.

I used to believe everything dish said whenever there was a dispute, but it’s the same story every time.

Then you ask why Directv, Comcast, Spectrum and others don’t have as many of these same issues, which goes to show Dish Is the problem most of the time.
Or you could say that Directv, Comcast, Spectrum, and others are more willing to bend over and pass along their programming increases to their customers... ;)

At what point does the loss of a disputed local channel(s) cause customers to go elsewhere, causing a diminishing return? Obviously these disputes haven’t hurt Dish bad enough to change their approach.

Or you could say that Directv, Comcast, Spectrum, and others are more willing to bend over and pass along their programming increases to their customers... ;)

Then explain to me why Dish raises rates once or lately twice per year?

Here is my thoughts....

Dish is raising your rates anyways at the end of January. They do this every year, and it’s been probably over 10 years since they had a year they didn’t raise rates.

So what ESPN or whatever channel they are in a pissing match at the moment gets an extra 5 cents per month. They still raise the rates by $1 or an even number!

Never once has Dish said they are not raising rates due to a dispute they won with a programming provider.

The 5 cents or pennies Dish is inconveniencing their customers over, is to line their own pockets.

Every Time there is a dispute it’s the same sob story from Dish.

It’s getting old and their customers are tired of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)