Has Dish Network been better at channel disputes lately?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It’s getting old and their customers are tired of it

Speaking only for myself; I AM tired of it. However, I wouldn’t leave Dish because of it. The receivers are more advanced, the customer service is better, the OTA integration is better, the packages are less expensive. I won’t become part of the Borg Collective that is ATT :)

That being said, non super-users don’t care as much about the things I mentioned and they are much more fickle. I think Dish should be concerned about churn due to disputes.

Speaking only for myself; I AM tired of it. However, I wouldn’t leave Dish because of it. The receivers are better, the customer service is better, the OTA integration is better, the packages are less expensive. I won’t become part of the Borg collective that is ATT :)

That being said, non super-users don’t care as much about the things I mentioned and they are much more fickle. I think Dish should be concerned about churn due to disputes.

You would be surprised how many customers switch over these disputes.

When Viacom took their channels down it was resolved in 2 days.

On the other hand I think it was AMC, Lifetime and outdoor life network went down, nobody complained that much and that’s why it stayed off so long.

Really how fast the channel comes back is a way to tell if people actually care.

As far as the equipment goes, I have been in this business 20 years. It’s all due to price and promotions. Besides the people on this board, believe me when I say this. Nobody gives a dam about the Hopper.

Good point on OTA integration, but again if you can get locals on satellite nobody cares about an antenna. I only got 3 customers who have an antenna and it’s a must have item.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
2011-2013 price lock dish. They raise their rates once per year, and just yesterday, there were people on the Dish facebook page, people were talking the Hopper over the Genie... Claude, your opinion on this may be biased, although your customers may not care if you show your bias in the sales pitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)