Has Sports Coverage and the Sports themselves jumped the shark?

I felt lost the last couple days. Was at the lake house and couldnt turn on 213 (MLB Net) in the morning for Quick Pitch (we have Dish there) and tried to watch Sportscenter but damn all they talk about on there is the NBA...UGH!

Iceberg said:
I felt lost the last couple days. Was at the lake house and couldnt turn on 213 (MLB Net) in the morning for Quick Pitch (we have Dish there) and tried to watch Sportscenter but damn all they talk about on there is the NBA...UGH!

Isn't it time to swap it out up there ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Something else that has to go is FOX letterbox or movie format or whatever the hell they present there baseball games. I want to see the entire screen!!! Also whos bright idea was to get rid of the Fox baseball theme? That was a really good theme and they replace it with...there football theme?? Doesnt really make sense.

They started that last year. They do it in 16:9

If you still have SD then you'll have black bars on top and bottom. Could be worse. It took about 2 months for Fox Duluth, MN (which were the locals I had) to fix it so they didnt just chop the left and right of the screen off (locals on Directv were only in SD)

Something else that has to go is FOX letterbox or movie format or whatever the hell they present there baseball games. I want to see the entire screen!!! (snip).

I just recently watched a MLB game on FOX and did not see that.. Are you viewing on a 16:9 display?

If you're watching it in HD (or in the case of me the Fox is a subchanel in 480i Widescreen) it will fill the whole screen
If its in straight SD (from Dish/Directv/cable) it will have black bars on top and bottom of screen

Thanks Iceberg!!! Im watching it in SD. Oh and btw, did anyone see Sarah Silverman with Joe Buck and Tim McCarver during the Yankees/Red Sox game? I turned it off as soon as she came on because I cringe when sports announcers interview celebrities. I did hear that she was bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)