Has the new Orby owners sent a signal to disable old Orby receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

etsrep

Original poster
Oct 22, 2022
Wesley Chapel, FL
My old Orby receivers were working fine receiving the free feeds. Could see the signal power and quality from 116.8 west fine. About a month ago overnight all the receivers on two Orby dishes went down, and now show no satalite carrier level. Nothing has been moved. According to Lyngsat nothing has changed on 116.8 west. Settings for transponder and signal rate a polarization have not changed. What gives?

Hooked it up - working ok - guide for satellite doesn't work
Same here in Indiana. my guide doesnt work either due to the missing info from the programming,but the OTA still lists the channels and guide so im still a happy camper. still waiting for orbytv or kiwi sat to get it up and going

My old Orby receivers were working fine receiving the free feeds. Could see the signal power and quality from 116.8 west fine. About a month ago overnight all the receivers on two Orby dishes went down, and now show no satalite carrier level. Nothing has been moved. According to Lyngsat nothing has changed on 116.8 west. Settings for transponder and signal rate a polarization have not changed. What gives?
Yes, same happened to my two ORBY TV satellite receivers in October 2022. I can still receive the OTA local channels, yet the program guide does not get updated, and the current date and time from the receiver are incorrect. Also, the satellite channels cannot be tuned- displays error message that the satellite channels are unavailable.

This is not a reply but a fix. Do a reset on your Orby box and it will come up with the satellite signal power and quality. But the time on the box will be off about 6 hours, but you can go to the orby channels with video and sound ok. Just the time off means the satellite guide is off by 6 hours. If you go in and reset the time to current time it all goes away. signal strength, quality and the channels show no video or sound on the satellite channels. Your choice is to watch them with time incorrect and guide off by 6 hours or not watch them with correct time. Somehow the new Orby owners managed to send something down to the boxes to manipulate this. Thanks Guys. Makes me really not want to subscribe now at all. ETSREP

I said reset on the previous post. Sorry what i meant was go to system information screen and on the right above the ok is a line that says run setup. Do that and you will get signal level and when you finish all the steps channels will work with video and sound; but clock will be off by 5 hours late. If you try to reset the clock it will all go off again. Enjoy.

This is not a reply but a fix. Do a reset on your Orby box and it will come up with the satellite signal power and quality. But the time on the box will be off about 6 hours, but you can go to the orby channels with video and sound ok. Just the time off means the satellite guide is off by 6 hours. If you go in and reset the time to current time it all goes away. signal strength, quality and the channels show no video or sound on the satellite channels. Your choice is to watch them with time incorrect and guide off by 6 hours or not watch them with correct time. Somehow the new Orby owners managed to send something down to the boxes to manipulate this. Thanks Guys. Makes me really not want to subscribe now at all. ETSREP
The new owners could care less if you don't subscribe beacuse they are "manipulating" their signal. The new Orby can do whatever they want to do with their signal and don't need you advice let alone your permission on what they do with the signal. They should encrypt to put an end of these complaints from people who are not paying to view their service. I would not be surprised if folks called them to complain after they encrypted not being able to receive programming for free.

It's like back in the day people would actually call programmers and networks to complain if they were looking for wild feed transmission information or to complain those feeds were scrambled. Feeds that were not intended for them in the first place!. I am sure the owners that purchased the left over equipment and started transmitting programming would love you to give them advice on how to manage their receivers and not to to mess with yours..MY GOODNESS!!

The new owners could care less if you don't subscribe beacuse they are "manipulating" their signal. The new Orby can do whatever they want to do with their signal and don't need you advice let alone your permission on what they do with the signal. They should encrypt to put an end of these complaints from people who are not paying to view their service. I would not be surprised if folks called them to complain after they encrypted not being able to receive programming for free.

It's like back in the day people would actually call programmers and networks to complain if they were looking for wild feed transmission information or to complain those feeds were scrambled. Feeds that were not intended for them in the first place!. I am sure the owners that purchased the left over equipment and started transmitting programming would love you to give them advice on how to manage their receivers and not to to mess with yours..MY GOODNESS!!
You sure aren’t a FTA hobbyist lol

Testy.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I’d be surprised if the new Orby can turn a profit, considering the past. But we can hope.

I must really be out of the loop. I was under the impression Orby was dead and buried long ago. Last time I heard anything, Orby had bailed out leaving everyone high and dry.

I wasn't aware anyone was interested in reviving it. I was suspicious when they started selling off equipment for a song. I never had it, but I did mention it to a few people as an option over OTA when they were in a bad location.

I don't know if they'd bite twice even with new ownership. Kind of falls under the "Once burned, twice shy" scenario. :)