Has the Search functionality changed on the Hopper 3?

bigdaddy10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Florissant, MO.
I've noticed that search functions have appeared to change on my H3. I'm a track coach and in the past I would just search for "Track and Field" and the hopper would pull up any programs with the words "Track and Field" in them. it would pull up my recordings as well as any programs coming on in the future.

Within the last few months it has not found anything even when programs are coming on. It does not pull up the recordings I already have on my dvr either.

Also, in the past i could hit search on a program in the guide or one that I have in my dvr and the name of that program shows up in the search. This works for broadcast programs but not Track and field. Something has recently changed.

On the results screen, do you have tabs at the top? If so switch over to the tab that is labeled episodes and you should get your info.

No tabs at the top. The search does not find anything so no opportunity for tabs at the top.
Same here, after the update, it changed. I even contacted online support about it, of course they said nothing has been reported, but they'd send in a ticket lol. I noticed it's better if you type in what you're looking for, then hit 0 (zero), it brings up the stuff then. Horrible horrible update on the search part.

Reactions: tallfence
Same here, after the update, it changed. I even contacted online support about it, of course they said nothing has been reported, but they'd send in a ticket lol. I noticed it's better if you type in what you're looking for, then hit 0 (zero), it brings up the stuff then. Horrible horrible update on the search part.

Thank You so Much!!!! That is it. Hit the zero key to do the search. Yes....what a horrible update for us that really need the search functionality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)