Has Your Significant Other Noticed HD-Lite?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My wife can certainly tell the difference between HD and SD, but has not noticed HD lite. What's more, while she would pick HD over SD in a side-by-side comparison, she doesn't care enough to switch from the SD lil to the HD OTA channel to get it. Unfortunately, I think a lot of viewers feel this way. HD is nice, but not worth any extra trouble or money.

All my wife knows is we're paying $20 more a month and getting some more channels. She usually doesn't notice the difference unless I point out how clear something is.
OK, I will have to take back what I said about my wonderful wife. :)

We were at the in-laws' during the first part of the world series game tonight and she was telling them about how great it looked the night before when we were watching in HD (they have analog cable) and also how much better it sounded. I'm proud. :D

She has a degree in marketing... so she was aware of the irony of the HD broadcast of the game being sponsored by DirecTV.

Last edited:
SatelliteGAL-

Well, that's why you're here with us. And he's not.

I guess we all want most people to agree with us about HD, but it's hard when they don't care.

Nope . The entire concept of hd and electronics is wasted on her. She would be as happy with analog cable or ota analog reception. Half the time she will watch hd programs in partial zoom mode and watch the analog channels with the black bars.

My wife notices a difference when watching HD programming, but not enough to notice differences in overall picture quality.

Bottom line for her: She wants to watch her programs, SD or HD, and I'd better keep my hands off the remote when she's doing it. Unzooming the picture has put me in the doghouse in the past...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts