Hats off to Dish-Compliment thread!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Wow, Im immpressed. Past two weeks we get Sci Fi, Usa and today!

So, many times we complain that we dont get enough-It sure is nice to see

whats coming in.

Yes, I already have most of these channels on direc but dish is my workhorse.

GREAT Job dish!!!

Keep em commin!!

Oh, direc does not have travel channelHD- What a great station to have in HD-Andrew Zimmern on Bizzare foods is NUTS-LOve that show!!!

Im sure there are others, BravoHD not on diec??

EDIT- After the 10 VOOM 24/7 HD channel removals, I change my hatsoff to a up yours to DISH!

Thanks for nothing for the 22 half-assed/(non) HD channels...................

Last edited:
I was on the edge of going to D with are new house, but I am very happy with all the progress!!! We still need MLBEI, I think if someone like me wants 2 pay $200 for EI we should get that chance!!

I've not had a chance to take a good look yet... but something tells me I'll be fairly happy.

I do feel as though I'm paying TOO much though... so I'm considering going ONLY HD, since that's about all I watch.

However... my mother lives with us and watches nothing but movies, especially older movies.

Her favorite channels are Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network.

Does anyone know if those may wind up within the HD only package, or have a suggestion on how I can save money AND make sure my mom gets her favorite channels. She doesn't care much about HD, so I want her to have the movies she loves.

Thanks!

Wow, Im immpressed. Past two weeks we get Sci Fi, Usa and today!

So, many times we complain that we dont get enough-It sure is nice to see

whats coming in.

Yes, I already have most of these channels on direc but dish is my workhorse.

GREAT Job dish!!!

Keep em commin!!

Oh, direc does not have travel channelHD- What a great station to have in HD-Andrew Zimmern on Bizzare foods is NUTS-LOve that show!!!

Im sure there are others, BravoHD not on diec??

Ditto. Even though I like more Anthony Bourdain's No Reservation ;) .

I was so surprised when an hour ago by chance I switched to the All HD list and I saw Smithsonian HD :eek:.

Thx Dish :up!!!

VOOM is crap, good to get alot more worth watching HD...

Worth watching HD? HMMMMMM... as in pillar box SD?... no wait... you must mean Stretched SD! Maybe upconverted HD? Hey, here's hoping these worth watching HD channels eventually add more than a couple of hours of HD to watch.

And don't get me started on going from no commercials to commercials.

Dish has definitely killed any good feelings I've had towards them recently.

+1

Dish made their $40/mo. HD only customers happy but definitely pissed off those of us with the $20 ultimate package. The only thing worth keeping in the HD ultimate package now is HDNet movies. I love Rave, Equator and the remaining Vooms, but they are not worth $10.

EDIT- After the 10 VOOM 24/7 HD channel removals, I change my hatsoff to a up yours to DISH!

Thanks for nothing for the 22 half-assed/(non) HD channels...................

I totally agree, BAD BAD CHARLIE, If he was the cause, or maybe it was voom I don't know.

Hmmmm..... Quite a surprise seeing all these new channels but its not a perfect decision:

Happy to see MGM-HD
Never heard of Jetix before and had to look it up.
Voom launches "Voom Movies" and Dish takes it away?
CSNBA-HD!!!!!!!! :up
Cartoon Network.... I prefer non-stretched but a nice addition.
No more FilmFest :(
Fishing HD???? Ummmm.... couldnt they have kept a Voom channel? Any Voom channel?
Disney-HD. A must have for the kiddie guests.
Tennis-HD. I'm not a tennis fan but Im sure it must have a bigger fan base than Fishing HD.
Its on the list but I am sure I wont be getting CSNNE-HD.
Smithsonian HD should be pretty cool.

All-in-all, Dish has made a big improvement in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)