HD Only Package (denied)

skyviewmark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Bay Minette, Al
Trying to find out if I just got the only CSR that doesn't understand or if it's the rules.. Tried to change my programming to the HD only package. CSR told me that it was only available to new subscribers.. Wanted to hear from anyone in the know before I start CSR Roulette...

I got the HD Only pack as an existing customer. I moved from AT100 + HD Ultimate to HD Only.

Ok.. Second try.. We're sorry this is only available to customers who subscribe to International programming.. Ok.. That's two strikes for the CSR's.. Third strike will get me to retention..

Again thanks guys.. Third time was a charm.. Finally got someone that knew what the HD Only package was.. Who trains these people.. Got the HD Only Package now..

Needless to say that the first two CSR's I talked to could barely speak the English Language. The third one that actually fix the programming was very American.. Of course all three had American Names.. :)

Here is the problem.. And Dish needs to listen up very carefully.. I am a dealer. I talk to customers all day long.. EVERYONE of them hate to call Dish because they never get anyone that can speak ENGLISH. Most don't know how to do CSR roulette. They just get mad when their problem or issue isn't taken care of on the FIRST call as it should be. Many customers can't even navigate the Computer that answers the phone. I was talking to a CSR in seconds so I can navigate the computer.. BUT the non-English speaking CSR's are going to kill DISH. Even DirecTV seems to have mostly English speaking people.

READ MY LIPS CHARLIE... You are an American company. Hire folks that can converse in the native tongue. And then teach them do what they need to do.

I have a hard time seeing how E* is saving money by using offshore csr's. I think they could get by with less bodies if they used help here in the states.

Needless to say that the first two CSR's I talked to could barely speak the English Language. The third one that actually fix the programming was very American.. Of course all three had American Names.. :)

Here is the problem.. And Dish needs to listen up very carefully.. I am a dealer. I talk to customers all day long.. EVERYONE of them hate to call Dish because they never get anyone that can speak ENGLISH. Most don't know how to do CSR roulette. They just get mad when their problem or issue isn't taken care of on the FIRST call as it should be. Many customers can't even navigate the Computer that answers the phone. I was talking to a CSR in seconds so I can navigate the computer.. BUT the non-English speaking CSR's are going to kill DISH. Even DirecTV seems to have mostly English speaking people.

READ MY LIPS CHARLIE... You are an American company. Hire folks that can converse in the native tongue. And then teach them do what they need to do.

Just like when I wanted to order NHL Center Ice......the CSR says Super Ice.....no Center Ice.

Then its sorry the season is over....no its the first of October the season is just getting started.

20 minutes later.....and 15 one moment pleases from the CSR......I finally ordered it. What an ordeal.

Wow that is bad, I switched to the HD only pack a few weeks ago with no issues at all. The CSR had a southern accent and was great to deal with.

Trying to find out if I just got the only CSR that doesn't understand or if it's the rules.. Tried to change my programming to the HD only package. CSR told me that it was only available to new subscribers.. Wanted to hear from anyone in the know before I start CSR Roulette...

Ok.. Second try.. We're sorry this is only available to customers who subscribe to International programming.. Ok.. That's two strikes for the CSR's.. Third strike will get me to retention..

Now this is funny.

I am happy for you that you finally got what you wanted. :)

I gotta say, the HD only pack kicks a lot of a$$. I've been saving some serious money, I get to keep on using my 622 and I get all the programming I want.

But yea, outsourced CS blows no matter what it's for.

Swtiched to HD Only Package to months ago

The female English speaking csr "without an accent" was unbelievable, I was telling her about Dishnet new packages. No doubt in my mind when she put me on hold she was hoping I would hang up, then hang up for me when I didn't. :p

Thank god for the woman CSR with a very heavy Indian accent named "Mary" yeah right :p ...............She hooked me right up with the $29.99 HD Only Package removed all my SD receivers from my account and told me what my prorated bill would be next month, no questions asked. Need to wonder why our jobs are going overseas? No unions, 3 dollars a hour pay with zero benefits and service that "sometimes" is equal to Americans

BTW: I love the $29.99 HD Only Package .

I also switched to the HD Standalone package last week. Took a bit to get them to understand what I wanted (I also got an Indian person with an American name. I've lived in India for almost 6 months, none of them have American names). The didn't get what I wanted, when she did she told me it was not available to existing customers, I told her I was pretty sure it was, and to check. A few "One Moment Pleases" later she said I couldn't get it because I had Dish DVR Advantage. I told her that was also not true and could I speak to a manager. Two minutes later I was back with a US CSR who straightened it all out for me as well.

I work with Indians on a daily basis, literally. I work for a software company who has offices in two major cities in India. But they really need to get a clue. Let American's talk to American's, not Indian's with "American" names. And English I can understand too, please.

Is that too much to ask? (probably...)

I switched Wednesday. And it only took 2 phone calls. The first Indian woman called Mary hung up on me after saying "one moment Please." Called back and "Jerry" said I already had the HD Ultimate package I was getting all the HD. No Jerry, I'd only like to receive HD channels in the HD Stand Alone package. 15 "One Moment Please" later I was told it would cost me $5 to downgrade and I'd lose my DVR Advantage and have to pay $5 a month.

Needles to say I'm only paying $40 now instead of $70. Plus getting the 3 HD channels only available in the 250 pack is awesome.

Of course I brought on the Indian CSR's myself having called at 6pm Central. Should always do business during 8-5 Eastern Standard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)