Hauppauge DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Hauppage Dvr Box...

Attachments

• Hauppage.JPG
    Hauppage.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 448
  • Hauppage dvr.JPG
    Hauppage dvr.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 408
  • Hauppage dvr 1.JPG
    Hauppage dvr 1.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 419
This has been out for a while, but is currently the only HD to computer device readily available. You can record HD to the computer via Component outputs, then do things like Bluray or DVD it.

HD PVR Product overview

Currently retails $200-$250.

More shots of the 1212

Attachments

• IMG_0262.JPG
    IMG_0262.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 346
  • IMG_0263.JPG
    IMG_0263.JPG
    339.3 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    620.4 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    946 KB · Views: 379
They are supposed to send me one for testing. We will see.

I was asking about HD program archiving in the DishNetwork threads and someone recommended this. I've ordered one...I'll gladly post my findings. I have some very sentimental programming saved on my ViP622, so I will be giving it quite the test... ;)

I took some video of the back of it so you can see.

Attachments

• Hauppauge.MOV
    12.1 MB · Views: 258
I love mine, I think I have gone to heaven. With Toast on a new MacBook pro, this just plain rocks.
At best output, producing a quality HD 720p, I can archive almost 2 hours on a cheap single layer DVD, and record for playback on my (now) cheap HD DVD players, or Blu-ray, too. I can't say that I can notice any difference between the HD DVD and Blu-ray. Capturing on the DVR and then transfer to DVD or catch it live. What more could you ask for.

Can you burn to DVD-R DL or DVD+R DL format? Thanks in advance, I've been looking for a solution to burning my HD football games (on my Direct TV DVR) onto DVD for some time now ...

Thanks, I just found some other articles on this thing ... how do you "cut out comercials"? One thing I read said you cannot "time shift" or "remove comercials" (perhaps this is just in real time (i.e. no pause button when I'm doing a recording)).

Thanks, Don, for the PM advisory on this thread.

AVCHD appears to be the biggest paradigm shift in HD recording. This device along with this one can make a nice addition for building an encryption proof archive of HDTV content. Since my PJ is only fed with HDMI (video only) adapting this into my HT would be a problem so fortunately, the component to HDMI1.3b adapter resolves that issue.

I saw a thread somewhere about a hot deal for one of these for like $150...almost bought one, but I have enough toys in my A/V rack already. Running out of room and inputs/outputs as it is.

Hmmmm....

Didn't realize that. Disappointing! I may have to return it. I don't have a use for it in the server room or my office. Just the Home theater and there, I have no HTPC.

Can it connect to a PS3 or an XBOX360 USB port maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts