Hauppauge DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have used it to get clips from shows on the DVR and move whole shows over too. I like to save some clips from late night shows of bands, and do not want the whole show.

The only issue I have with Dish is that you need about a 5 second lead for the audio to sync from none to 5.1 in a show so have to preroll a bit.

dfergie said:
I use all the time, instead of putting up with commercials watching Survivor & Stargate Universe... you can use the program provided to edit (crude & not frame precise) or use VideoReDo TV suite 4 for editing.
I watch mainly with my WDTV media player or stream to my PS3.

Wouldn't it be easier to just use a DVR? Unless you're going to keep it permanently and watch more than once it seems to be too much trouble to edit.

I use my laptop to get close to the set top box. I have not had issue with with the capture speed on a laptop. The only problem I have with the unit is that when audio changes format it can lose a few seconds (i.e. cuts between DD2.0 and DD5.1).
I've been using it with my laptop lately to get captures from the bedroom dvr with no problems...

Don, How do you record the data onto your hard drive with this machine? What format? Do you convert it to blu-ray?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)