Hauppauge DVR

How does this compare to Sage TV? I may consider something that records two or more shows at the same time (in HD).

I am thinking about getting one of these so I can record HD stuff off my Directv box onto a Blu-ray disc. That will work right?

better than the 1212

has any other device come out since this one that is better than the 1212 ? for hd componet/hdmi capture.
bought one a couple years back and returned it,my mistake it seems now. on a 62'' tv it looked like it was 80% of the the original from DTV dvr recording.
thanks

I capture at a high bitrate and watch most on a 110" screen from a 1080p FPTV, other than some loss of Black (which might be the source and might be adjusted from the capture program) I notice little or no loss of PQ... not BD material, but still good.

im planning to get hauppauge 1212, but my desktop pc is 38 feet away from my A-V rack. i'd rather not buy another pc but will if i must. first though, how reliable is a long-run of usb 2.0 cable for hidef video transmitting from dish vip722 dvr through hauppauge 1212 to pc? not many posts on this in other forums. a few say ok or probably ok & a few say not very reliable. thanks for any suggestions out there.

im planning to get hauppauge 1212, but my desktop pc is 38 feet away from my A-V rack. i'd rather not buy another pc but will if i must. first though, how reliable is a long-run of usb 2.0 cable for hidef video transmitting from dish vip722 dvr through hauppauge 1212 to pc? not many posts on this in other forums. a few say ok or probably ok & a few say not very reliable. thanks for any suggestions out there.

Hopefully dfergie will pipe in here, as he has had good success with this unit.

I am thinking of putting one on my christmas list, but I'd end up recording stuff to the Haupage and then moving the device to my desktop for doing recording, since it is not even on the same floor of the house as the Dish 722.

I use my laptop to get close to the set top box. I have not had issue with with the capture speed on a laptop. The only problem I have with the unit is that when audio changes format it can lose a few seconds (i.e. cuts between DD2.0 and DD5.1).

I have this HD PVR 1212, and have been using it with the VIP 612 for over 5 months. After upgrading the software in the 612, I'm having problems with the file created.
Size reported by TME is about half of the original file, and it takes ages to finalize a project. Using VideoRedo the output file is truncated; a real mess.
I tried another source, to check if the problem was the PVR 1212, but it works fine.

612 Image is good on TV, something is included in the signal I guess, that the 1212 can't process.
Anybody knows something about?
thanks

I got a friend of mine who has one of these hauppauge dvr he loves it but he having problems playin on windows 7 no work at all and it can record on windows vista but no playback on windows vista out of date drivers perhaps ? he says he has updated to the lastest drivers

Hmmm. I've been keeping this in the back of my mind for future purchase. I'm all W7 now. This would be used to pull stuff off my EHDs if I ever left Dish. Not much use otherwise, for me. Has anyone used it for this purpose, or for otherwise archiving hundreds of hours of both HD & SD?

I use all the time, instead of putting up with commercials watching Survivor & Stargate Universe... you can use the program provided to edit (crude & not frame precise) or use VideoReDo TV suite 4 for editing.
I watch mainly with my WDTV media player or stream to my PS3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)