Hauppauge HD PVR, DISH HD capture

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nsaspook

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
Fairview, Oregon
Some snaps of the device in action.

HD capture of HD-NET Movies "Snatch" from 811 component output, TV connected to DVI port. Computer playback is very good. A 5min video file is about 330MB.

Attachments

• hd_pvr 004.JPG
    hd_pvr 004.JPG
    415.9 KB · Views: 385
  • hd_pvr 011.JPG
    hd_pvr 011.JPG
    443.6 KB · Views: 407
  • hd_pvr 012.JPG
    hd_pvr 012.JPG
    469 KB · Views: 389
  • hd_pvr 021.JPG
    hd_pvr 021.JPG
    399.6 KB · Views: 343
  • hd_pvr 026.JPG
    hd_pvr 026.JPG
    407.6 KB · Views: 347
  • hd_pvr 031.JPG
    hd_pvr 031.JPG
    326.1 KB · Views: 326
  • hd_pvr 033.JPG
    hd_pvr 033.JPG
    457.2 KB · Views: 356
  • cpu.jpg
    cpu.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 325
Interesting...component capture device. Should work great until the DRM kicks in.

My kids have the same desk. Picked that thing up for $30 with the chair at Office Depot on sale. The chair broke in a couple of months though. I think there desk has the PC on the right hand side though.

Interesting...component capture device. Should work great until the DRM kicks in.

My kids have the same desk. Picked that thing up for $30 with the chair at Office Depot on sale. The chair broke in a couple of months though. I think there desk has the PC on the right hand side though.

This device CAN copy material off DVHS that is flagged as "copy-once" or "copy-never" CGMS/A is not an issue.

I junked the chair right away. That thing was a joke.

Does 9Mbps (from the pictures) mean the encoding rate or source material? If it is AVC encoding rate, that sounds really good.
That will fit a 2h movie on a DL DVD. I don't think broadcasted hidef - of any nature and origin - would need higher bitrate to do it justice.

Diogen.

I have the same desk for my daughter and yes the PC sits on the right side. I'll be interested to know if this thing can still record off component after the DRM is enabled.

Should work great until the DRM kicks in.
This won't be easy to accomplish.
Since the PVRs already sold can't be forced to do anything, the only way to prevent/downconvert recordings
is to cripple the analog out (VGA, component) of the player/receiver, ICT of sort.

Just like the recent case of Microsoft obeying the broadcast flag, it can be that the Hauppauge will refuse to record
the full resolution based on some other flags, but I think it's unlikely. But the broadcasters can probably be forced to downconvert over analog.

Diogen.

This won't be easy to accomplish.
Since the PVRs already sold can't be forced to do anything, the only way to prevent/downconvert recordings
is to cripple the analog out (VGA, component) of the player/receiver, ICT of sort.

Just like the recent case of Microsoft obeying the broadcast flag, it can be that the Hauppauge will refuse to record
the full resolution based on some other flags, but I think it's unlikely. But the broadcasters can probably be forced to downconvert over analog.

Diogen.

It's already known that the content providers will require the cable co's and satellite companies to only display full resolution on HDCP HDMI connections whenever they deem fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)