Have 123, 119, 87 up. Any suggestions on my next satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jasontherock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
I'd like to know what satellite you would recommentd I should aim for next and why. Any takers?

97 has lots of TV.Whitesprings is good on 129.125 has PBS.All depends on what ya wanna see.
My self I'm lookin for ku cnn feeds.

adding more fixed dishes for Ku

I'll agree with 97° west.
And I'll add 101° west.

You're already getting Equity stations on 123° w.
For both 123 and PBS on 125° w, you may need a full sized dish (36"), due to adjacent-bird interference.

I won't recommend Whitesprings on 129° w.
But that's a personal call and should be easy to get by adding an LNB to another dish, or with a small dedicated dish.

If I had line-of-sight, I'd go for Cubavision on 30° w.
Check the discussions for interesting programming in English. :rolleyes:
Not to be confused with the less desirable (to me, as I don't speak Spanish) Cuba International on 58° w.

We have simple switch configurations out to eight LNB/satellites.
Check in the FAQ section for the Switches Simplified thread for details.

For feeds or other birds, maybe just add a motor. :)

I have several superdish that I am currently using, plus 5-30" soudan(new unused at this time) a 30" muzak and 2-40" round primstar ready to use.

Jason;

You're comming along nicely!
Anole, I like White Springs on 129 Old John Wayne, Boris Karloff, Popeye, Betty Boop.

125 for Nature, Antiques Roadshow, and Create for the wife, need an Extigy or a stereo with Dolby inputs.

I put each of my recievers on digital rf modulators, one on 24, one on 36 for whole house tv.

Glad you caught "The Bug"!

I also suggest 97°W as it has a ton of International programming with a handful of foreign news channels in English. No real continental Europe unfortunately, but channels like Russia Today, Al Jazeera English and Press TV provide an interesting perspective on global news.

97 for sure.. Seeing all of the foreign channels from around the world, plus neat stuff like the audio channel "Access America" where they've even got a show that talks all about Free-To-Air satellite. I like to watch Russia Today, Aljazeera (English).

Check out Mike Kohl's list of FTA channels on 97.. Mike Kohl's FTA channel List Ku Band

Tell me more about 30W, i should have line of sight in Georgia.

But I think I will try 125 next for pbs.

I have messed with 129 until I am blue in the face. Just cant get it to find white springs. Maybe a bad lnbf. Didnt think of it till the other day.

I forgot to mention the dozen or so d-500's and just as many triple sat directs that I probably just need to get rid of. I also have 3-4 slimlines to get rid of. I have been collecting for years.

But I do have a motor that I need to test out. Bought it new last year and never could get it to move. Probably just blew the coolsat I was trying it with though. The coolsat hasnt worked with a switch since. Didnt know I needed to switch off the reciever before messing with switches and motors. Its not something I need to worry about installing dish or dtv.

I forgot to mention the old directway oval and the 3-4 wildblue. Still dont know what I am going to do with them.

I forgot to mention the old directway oval and the 3-4 wildblue. Still dont know what I am going to do with them.

The wildblue dish is about the same size as the superdish, should work fine. Yes 129 is a little hard to find, try finding it with a circular for the d* channels, then switch to a linear and fine tune. BTW wifeI likes having 125

Anole, why 101?
Well, I gave a link to a channel list of what's on AMC-4, above.
Maybe nothing interested you.
Some folks like the Biography Channel. Maybe not everyone.
I'm not so into the news feeds you'll find on (undisclosed) birds, but others live for those! - :)
So, it's a matter of personal taste.

The non-English music channels are good for a change of pace.
Put one of those on at a party, and see what your guests do.
... or maybe when you are ready for 'em to go home... :confused: - :rolleyes:

You asked for suggestions.
As I said above, the WhiteSprings isn't for everyone.
But, some love their programming.
(It might work as a secondary LNB on your 123 dish)

Lots of folks have given their recommendations.
You certainly don't have to take 'em all. - :cool:

Oh, and you said you have some DirecTV dishes; the larger, and later models.
While I wouldn't recommend them, one of our new members is having a good time with one.
You should check out his pictures and comments for encouragement. - :up
Keep up the good work.

edit: oh, and if you exceed eight LNBs, don't worry.
Our guys have solved that limit, too. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

What sat is viasat associated with?

Tele satellite new issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)