Have a 920, what else do I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Welcome to the forum!

For 4D you'll need an absolute minimum of 6' - better would be 8' - and best is 10' or more
(of course minimum will vary depending on your location)

As for the battery - the 4D receivers use an internal Li-Ion battery that will expire eventually.
If the battery dies, it will render the receiver useless for anything other than a dishmover.
Search around the forum for 4dtv battery replacement and you should find plenty of info on this problem.

You could probably do it with as small as a 6' dish but I would go bigger if you have the room, 10' being a very good choice. With that dish of course you will need a feedhorn and C-band LNB or a LNBF which has both the LNB and feedhorn all in one. An actuator is necessary to move the dish to all the different satellites, likely if you find a good used dish it will already have one. Look around on craigslist, kijiji or any other free internet ad site. You will find that a lot of folks will just give them to you if you are willing to disassemble and remove them from the property. There is lots of good advise on this site about finding a dish!

Good luck, 4DTV is a lot of fun!
And:welcome to Satellite Guys!!

You could probably do it with as small as a 6' dish but I would go bigger if you have the room, 10' being a very good choice. With that dish of course you will need a feedhorn and C-band LNB or a LNBF which has both the LNB and feedhorn all in one. An actuator is necessary to move the dish to all the different satellites, likely if you find a good used dish it will already have one. Look around on craigslist, kijiji or any other free internet ad site. You will find that a lot of folks will just give them to you if you are willing to disassemble and remove them from the property. There is lots of good advise on this site about finding a dish!

Most of all, if your are a complete newbie to C and Ku, don't let let the above scare you off. All the above is not as complicated as it sounds to a newbie. And as Inno has stated this site has the best advise (and willingness to help a newbie) you will find.

Regards

PS. The first thing you might want to do is do is find out if your 920 is a good one i.e. the battery has not died.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts