Have an R15, problem with "2" tuners

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andreah1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
I've noticed within the past week or so (beginning to wonder if it had to do with the software update we all got) there's been a problem switching between tuners that I don't know how to fix. It will only record one program at a time? If I try to record two or change the channel while it's recording it gives me the conflict pop up. I've tried resetting but still have the same problem. Anything else I can do short of calling them (dread)?

I did a system test and it said "yes" for both tuners. I'm perplexed!

Stupid question (because I'm not at home right now), what is the auto detect and where is that? The guided set up would kind of being like starting from scratch right? Sorry for being a dope!

Update...now that I'm home I see what you mean, I did both and it's saying I only have 1 tuner connected. I'm really lost now as there are two cables coming into the tv and nothing has changed from when I was watching it normally a couple weeks ago. I went down and checked the multiswitch and everything is connected there as well. We have an R10 in another room and there's no problem with that. I disconnected both cables coming in to make sure nothing was lose and reconnected them, still the same thing, what now?

Try swapping the input cables around to see if the problem moves to the new tuner or stays on the same one.

If the problems moves to the new tuner, then the issue is with the cabling or multi-switch.

If it stays on the original tuner, the problem is with the R-15.

Hope this helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)