Have AT&T Unlimited wireless plan, get HBO for free

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
From http://www.businessinsider.com/att-unlimited-data-plan-hbo-free-2017-4
AT&T says that “Unlimited Plus” subscribers who pay for HBO already through one of the company’s video services, like DirecTV or the DirecTV Now live streaming service, will now get HBO for free. Those who don’t use one of AT&T’s video services can redeem the channels through DirecTV Now or the HBO Go app. And those who subscribed to an AT&T video service, but not HBO, will now get access to the channel automatically.

OK, I've lost my FAN discount when I moved to the Unlimited plan but now this helps with the increased cost.

Good news for me I guess. :)
I have AT&T Wireless & DirecTV and HBO... I guess T-Mobile is really putting the pressure on! I am glad there is some good competition now!

Good news for me I guess. :)
I have AT&T Wireless & DirecTV and HBO... I guess T-Mobile is really putting the pressure on! I am glad there is some good competition now!
Do you have the Unlimited Plus plan, that's the only one that gets it from how I read it.

I would like to have HBO for free, but not at the expense of my current discounts ...
They mention you have to have the Unlimited Plus package ... is there a variety of Unlimited packages ?

I would like to have HBO for free, but not at the expense of my current discounts ...
They mention you have to have the Unlimited Plus package ... is there a variety of Unlimited packages ?
Yes, there's an Unlimited Choice. Still get the 22GB of data before possible throttling but you are limited to 3MB connection speed, no hot spot capability standard def video at 1.5Mbps are a few of the differences I see, besides costing less.

Yes, there's an Unlimited Choice. Still get the 22GB of data before possible throttling but you are limited to 3MB connection speed, no hot spot capability standard def video at 1.5Mbps are a few of the differences I see, besides costing less.
Well, those restrictions are HUGE.
I hope the Plus isn't a huge amount more of money.

Well, that was quick.

33896768775_d6e7b4357f_o.png

This makes the unlimited plan a no brainer.

Our old plan:

MSV retention 20GB $100 (+ rollover, but $15/GB overages)
4 lines @ $15/ea $60
25% FAN discount -$25

$135 + tax

Unlimited Plus multi-line $115
4 lines @ $20/ea $80
Autopay discount -$10 (got it this month, even though I paid with a CC before the autopay date)
DirecTV discount -$25
HBO discount -$17.99

$142.01 + tax

Plus now I don't have to care about who is using how much data, we gained included roaming in Mexico and Canada, and everyone can still use hotspot on their devices.

This finally makes AT&T Unlimited Plus worth it for me. I am paying ~$102 for 10GB, 2-line plan (plus phone payments, taxes, etc.). With Unlimited Plus, I will effectively pay ~$103 (plus phone payments, taxes, etc.) after the discounts are applied.

Doesn't appear they have a check for this in their system. Retention added this to my account despite being on Cricket.

Well, even though this started off well, it's turning into a disaster. For the last 3 months my bills have lost the $25 video credit and the free HBO even though nothing has changed with my enrollment in the Unlimited Plus wireless plan.

- Credits were dropped on my May bill, so I used online chat support and the rep credited me manually and escalated my account for review.
- In June I received another bill without credits so I called -- the CSR explained that the credits for May were actually for June (they weren't), but credited me $25 for "bill misunderstanding."
- Yet again in July, I now received a full bill with no $25 video credit, and a full charge for HBO.

I compiled the bills, printed them out, highlighted where the credits stopped applying, and wrote a letter with supporting documentation and sent it to DirecTV. Just today I received an email stating that the bills were correct, and all applicable discounts are being applied.

I guess the next stop for me is cancellations. What a freaking mess.

Well, even though this started off well, it's turning into a disaster. For the last 3 months my bills have lost the $25 video credit and the free HBO even though nothing has changed with my enrollment in the Unlimited Plus wireless plan.

- Credits were dropped on my May bill, so I used online chat support and the rep credited me manually and escalated my account for review.
- In June I received another bill without credits so I called -- the CSR explained that the credits for May were actually for June (they weren't), but credited me $25 for "bill misunderstanding."
- Yet again in July, I now received a full bill with no $25 video credit, and a full charge for HBO.

I compiled the bills, printed them out, highlighted where the credits stopped applying, and wrote a letter with supporting documentation and sent it to DirecTV. Just today I received an email stating that the bills were correct, and all applicable discounts are being applied.

This is disturbing. It should "just work."

Do both of your services have the same billing address? There is supposed to be a regular account sweep which detects customers who have both services. If the billing addresses are not the same, even slightly, that could cause you to lose the discounts.

As I ponder switching to U-verse at my new house since I have no DirecTV LOS, I am a little concerned it will create a huge amount hassle for me dealing with AT&T customer support to get things like this fixed.

I be going to dish very soon. Saw a commercial where direc advertisement HBO and Cinemax for 13.99 for 12 months . Call it only for returning customers and new customers. So the hell with them.

Reactions: Tampa8

If you want to give it one more chance I'd recommend checking out https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045585. I had been running around for 8 months trying to get an issue resolved and finally went this path. The day after they received the letter I had the rebates I should have been getting and a nice phone call saying they messed up.

I be going to dish very soon. Saw a commercial where direc advertisement HBO and Cinemax for 13.99 for 12 months . Call it only for returning customers and new customers. So the hell with them.
Where did you see this ?
I have Cinemax was thinking about dropping it, HBO is $17.99, thats the best they would do for me on HBO, no word about a combo special, that was last week though.

What do you mean "to hell with them ?"

Returning subs and new subs ?

Did you ask about existing subs ?

Do both of your services have the same billing address? There is supposed to be a regular account sweep which detects customers who have both services. If the billing addresses are not the same, even slightly, that could cause you to lose the discounts.
Yep, both addresses are the same. The sweep process had it automatically applying the discounts out of the gate, and then they just stopped crediting.

I be going to dish very soon. Saw a commercial where direc advertisement HBO and Cinemax for 13.99 for 12 months . Call it only for returning customers and new customers.
I saw that same commercial! It was on a DVR recording, so I stopped it and read the fine print. The only restriction there was that your account had to be in good standing and you couldn't be a current subscriber to HBO or Cinemax. Even though I wasn't a subscriber for either premium channel in January, I got the same thing when I asked about it (that promo is not available to you). I figured since the DVR recording was a week old maybe I missed some cutoff date, but its interesting to hear other people had this problem.

If you want to give it one more chance I'd recommend checking out https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045585. I had been running around for 8 months trying to get an issue resolved and finally went this path. The day after they received the letter I had the rebates I should have been getting and a nice phone call saying they messed up.
Thanks. I might do this. Every other option I have for watching hockey isn't nearly as good, but it's frustrating to be over billed by $43/mo consistently.

Where did you see this ?
I have Cinemax was thinking about dropping it, HBO is $17.99, thats the best they would do for me on HBO, no word about a combo special, that was last week though.

What do you mean "to hell with them ?"

Returning subs and new subs ?

Did you ask about existing subs ?
I sure did and existing subs couldn't get it I even talk to a supervisor about it. I saw the ad on MSNBC this week.

I sure did and existing subs couldn't get it I even talk to a supervisor about it. I saw the ad on MSNBC this week.
I just saw the commercial ... never said anything about new or returning subs that I saw...
Looked like you get HBO and Cinemax for $15.99 for 12 months ... (offer ends end of the month, if i read it correct)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)