Have free Platinum, can't sign up for BB by mail

I don't see why DISH can't turn the free plat into $10.00 credits for the remaining months . It accomplishes the same thing and allows a sub to go to BlockBuster pass. I bet if you talk to retention they could work a deal with you . I got a year of $10.00 credits last month and I added the Plat pack last month. So in reality I am getting free BlockBuster pass because of the deal I worked with Retention.

or they could offer us to switch to hbo and cinemax like they have offered the people who have the free starz

I had BBMP for about 3 hours on Oct 1, because when I signed up, the website initially did not charge me $10 for it. I thought this was as intended since I have the 1yr free Platinum 30th anniversary gift. I moved my Netflix queue over to BB and closed my Netflix account.

Then Dish computers caught up to me and charged me $10, so I removed BBMP again because I don't want to lose 4 months of my anniversary gift. Then I rejoined Netflix (DVD's by mail), but the unmitigated swine at Netflix lost my queue! That queue still exists (I hope) on BB, but I can no longer access BB to see what the movies were.

Does that queue still exist on BB, and is there any way to access it again without paying $10/mo more?

Well now... Dishnetwork.com doesn't allow me to get to my queue, but typing in blockbuster.com does! Shhh.

So, for those of us with free Platinum, there is really no incentive to switch over from Netflix disk-by-mail service to BB Total Access. Correct?
(Perhaps except for those lucky few who still have a BB store nearby.)

I have three BB stores nearby, one I pass by twice a day on my way to my cubicle. I get at least 2 discs a week, sometimes there if I turn them around over night. It's a win-win for me. Can't figure out why others whine about this value added feature.

I have three BB stores nearby, one I pass by twice a day on my way to my cubicle. I get at least 2 discs a week, sometimes there if I turn them around over night. It's a win-win for me. Can't figure out why others whine about this value added feature.

Not sure who you are referring to, but since you posted right after me, I will reply.
This thread is about those who already have free Platinum (like those who were forced out of Absolute).
And many of us don't have a BB store left nearby. The last remaining one in my area is almost 1/2 an hour away.
There is no "value added feature" for us. We would have to pay $10/month to get the disk by mail service from BB.
The same as I am currently paying to Netflix.

Personally I am not whining, I am just stating that I don't see any reason to switch over. In hopes that I might be missing something. :)

So, for those of us with free Platinum, there is really no incentive to switch over from Netflix disk-by-mail service to BB Total Access. Correct?
(Perhaps except for those lucky few who still have a BB store nearby.)

and there is no incentive for us dropping our free platinum to get the bb movie pass either. no bb store around here at all!

If the new customers can get 3 months of Movie Pass trial why can't Dish offer the same for existing Platinum customers. There is no reason for me as a customer to drop my free promotion of Dish Platinum. I agree that as a customer I may be asking for a free service which may have some cost involved, however if Dish is willing to offer this to new customers, why not take a chance with existing customers. If you want to compete with Netflix then do it aggressively. I can get the free streaming of movie pass, so why should I pay another 10 bucks just for the DVD by mail...

Dish should think about it..may be they are missing a trick here to get more customers!