Have grandfathered package.. bought new HD DVR. will I loose current package?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xstation

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but, I've read the post masterdeals made here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/127494-if-you-have-grandfathered-package-please-read.html

I'm afraid I'll loose my old Total Choice package when the installer comes on Thursday to install a new HD-DVR I bought. Does anyone know if I will be able to keep my old package when the new receiver is activated. Will the installer tell the Directv CSR to just add the DVR service without changing package?

Thanks!!

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but, I've read the post masterdeals made here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/127494-if-you-have-grandfathered-package-please-read.html

I'm afraid I'll loose my old Total Choice package when the installer comes on Thursday to install a new HD-DVR I bought. Does anyone know if I will be able to keep my old package when the new receiver is activated. Will the installer tell the Directv CSR to just add the DVR service without changing package?

Thanks!!

IF you bought a DVR version, you are required to have the DVR service ( $ 6) I think.
You will NOT lose your programming package, just have to add the DVR charge ( they will do that for you)

Jimbo

NP,
IF you were a NEW sub, you would be required to go with the new packages, but seeing you have a sub already your good to go, as long as you don't change your programming.

Jimbo

I've been running (grandfathered) under an old version of Total Choice for several years. DirecTV did not change that package or grandfathering when they installed my HD DVR. Other charges (i.e., DVR charge) did get added but nothing else changed.

thanks randyk47 for confirming the info!!

Appreciate the replies, Jimbo and randyk47!!

Thanks

Is there a list available anywhere that compares the grandfathered packages with the new ones? I have Total Choice Plus and wonder how it compares price/content-wise to the new packages. I've been a DirecTV subscriber for 12 years and I'm thinking of going to HD soon.

Thanks,

Dave

I've been a Total Choice plus customer for 10 years or so. I upgraded to HD several years ago. Upgraded dish, boxes in the meantime and have been able to keep my current programming package.

Just recently (2 months ago) I picked up an HR21 hooked it up myself and activated it without having to change my programming package. I replaced a Tivo, so the new DVR fee was added but that came out in the wash against the Tivo fee.

As far as the price comparison between the TC+ package and the new ones. It's close (couple bucks either way) to a wash. I checked into this a couple weeks ago and decided to stay with the package I have now until I'm either forced to change or voluntarily upgrade my package.

David75 - I'm not aware of any specific list. I honestly don't remember when I set up the grandfathered Total Choice I've got now. I've been with DirecTV since '99 but have moved once, about 5 years ago, and gone through two or three fairly significant dish/receiver updates in the past 5 years. The way I compare is look at my bill and try to pick the package that most closely matches my existing package. Can't say I do it regularly or often but seems to me the last time I checked the present package would cost me about $5/month. I don't see any additional programming in the new package that makes me want to pay the extra so I've just let it ride and probably will until DirecTV forces me to change or they offer something that makes me want to change.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts