Roof Mount?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Michael_C

Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
I'm upgrading to HD. Installers say I have not line of sight except
from my roof. I'm concerned about damage to the roof or wind damage
to the satellite.

Has anyone experienced problems or have roof installations bee
mostly problem free for you. This will be the 5LNB Slimline dish.

Thanks

I have a SlimLine at one property and the older 5LNB on the roof without issues; I see numerous ones as well; but only personally know about 5 or 10 of those people, but none of them have issues either.

Meant to add: it boils down to making sure your installer is no fly-by-night hack and your own personal preference. They do make roof options that do not require penetration you know?

Dish network back a few years ago installed a dish and you could wobble it really bad because they just put it through the plywood, which is very thin. Directv guy installed it in a stud and that thing is super secure it depends on the installer.

I've had numerous models of D* dishes on my roof before and after my re-roof. Not once have I had an issue with them.

I'm a roofer by trade so I'm a little picky about these things. It does all boil down to the installer. I've been fortunate over the last 10 years to have had good installers.

I've even been able to point out tips and tricks to some of them and they've been appreciative.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)