Have things slowed down on DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bigbird65

Original poster
Nov 28, 2016
Arlington Texas
When using my remote (3 remotes and 3 TVs) to switch channels, view list of recorded programs and view the guide it seems that we have gone into slow motion within the last month. Has anyone else noticed this?

When using my remote (3 remotes and 3 TVs) to switch channels, view list of recorded programs and view the guide it seems that we have gone into slow motion within the last month. Has anyone else noticed this?
Have you cleared you box lately?

Ha. I thought that you meant "Has Directv Slowed Down". As is "Have they become a bit stagnant "? I thought that was an interesting question.
Yup, it crossed my mind that the title might cause what you thought and that was the reason I explained it. This is a great website for answers.

Reactions: raoul5788
The question did make me ponder what new has been added to Directv's programming during the last year. The answer seems to be, not much. But then again, how much is there really to add? With the exception of 4K I don't see much to get excited about on the horizon and the 4K offerings last year remained very stagnant. The new 17 series DVR will be of interest to some for sure, maybe some more wireless options, possibly some creative channel packaging, huge price reductions (oops). Maybe a motion activated back lighted remote. Baby steps.

what is new the Olympic channel that is coming soon? and few low rated channels that are due to be killed off soon?

HD upgrades? they may be waiting for new contracts to do that. Now any idea of of the MPEG2 SD trun off time line? other then all gone sometime in 2019?

what is new the Olympic channel that is coming soon? and few low rated channels that are due to be killed off soon?

HD upgrades? they may be waiting for new contracts to do that. Now any idea of of the MPEG2 SD trun off time line? other then all gone sometime in 2019?
What Olympic channel? I haven't heard anything about it.

Go ahead and do it ....
If you lose any, they will come back.

I just did during the hour of 09:00 p.m. ET. No recordings appear. But, I will leave it to play out the next couple days. The point of my needing to do this was getting a whole bunch of channels without programming information. That became a nuisance. So, thank you along with everyone else needing to be thanked., too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbo
I think thinks slowed down by both means... operationally (the STB software) and the company's direction (haven't seen much in terms of innovation). I'm sure a lot of the changes are all back end infrastructure things that we cannot appreciate or take notice from a customers perspective. Integrating two different companies is a tremendous amount of work in all aspects.

Operational wise, I have an HR24 and an HR44. The HR24 is the most frustratingly slow piece of equipment I've ever come to use in my lifetime. It regularly hangs or does not accept all of the IR input commands, so it switches to the wrong channel. It can take at least 8 seconds to perform a channel change. Now the hard drive did die in it, so I put in a 2.5" drive from a laptop, so maybe its not the best performing drive on the market... but I'm not wasting good $ on an SSD. I'll have to try that clearmybox keywoard search on it to see if it gets any better. I thought maybe it was the remote but its just as slow when using the front panel. Also the remote is a Harmony 650 and there's no real delay operating the AVR or xbox360.

I think thinks slowed down by both means... operationally (the STB software) and the company's direction (haven't seen much in terms of innovation). I'm sure a lot of the changes are all back end infrastructure things that we cannot appreciate or take notice from a customers perspective. Integrating two different companies is a tremendous amount of work in all aspects.

Operational wise, I have an HR24 and an HR44. The HR24 is the most frustratingly slow piece of equipment I've ever come to use in my lifetime. It regularly hangs or does not accept all of the IR input commands, so it switches to the wrong channel. It can take at least 8 seconds to perform a channel change. Now the hard drive did die in it, so I put in a 2.5" drive from a laptop, so maybe its not the best performing drive on the market... but I'm not wasting good $ on an SSD. I'll have to try that clearmybox keywoard search on it to see if it gets any better. I thought maybe it was the remote but its just as slow when using the front panel. Also the remote is a Harmony 650 and there's no real delay operating the AVR or xbox360.

You just summed up the mini genies too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.